Car Audio problem, SOLVED!!!

lincoln_zero

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok so remember my thread about my whole system shutting down on me? I had the 3 Amps, the 2000X, A240 Ample, and 5 channel Ample?

I checked my fuses, checked the RCA's and basically everything everyone here told me to do.

Weeeeeelll... turns out, the suggestion to check the voltage going to the amps was the first slice of the whole cake! My amps were seeing 5.1 Volts from the yellow top battery.

Just to reiterate: Alternator connected to Red top, Then yellow top connected to red top, and then Amps connected to yellow top (So amps feed off yellow, Yellow feeds off red, Red feeds from alternator)
I had placed a Fuse between the yellow top positive and the redtop positive. Anyways, that 200 Amp fuse was snapped clean. I blew it. How I did that? I Know how...

When I had accidentally touched the positive of the Red to the ground on the Yellow, I saw sparks. A lot of sparks. That's when the Fuse blew.
So the whole car audio show I went to, I was running off what charge the Yellowtop had. Hence my 2000X had no balls and I pulled 126 DB.

Replaced the fuse today, ALL my amps came back online, distortion gone, And best part? My 2000X Is making these Pioneers FLY!!!!!! Its at LEAST twice as loud. I could port the box and test to see what I get now...

Too bad about the show tho =( .... Ah well, im not in for SPL anyways. I built this for SQL.

Just thought I'd let you guys know I overlooked that one fuse, and the meter gave it away when I saw 5.1 Volts to the amps.

Thank you ALL for your suggestions, and your time for reading this. You guys once again are helpful, as always!!

Glad you figured it out man :) Always check them fuses first!!!

Glad to see you got it fixed.:)

BTW Pictures of set-up are required.

OH! I will totally start a Car Audio Pics thread then. Cuz ive done work to Both cars. But the beige Lincoln has more audio work than the Grey. Siiiiick!

=D

You guys have no idea how relieved I am that I put a fuse between those batteries. Forget about the Amps, I coulda damaged my cars computer from my clumsiness.. >_o

Members online

No members online now.
Back