Can't remove 2002 LS battery!

Michaelaf

LVC Member
Reaction score
The bottom bolt of the hold down clamp (the really long one) will not move no matter what I do. Could I be doing something wrong?

Put more power into it. Either the bolt will loosen or it will break. If it breaks, drill what's left of it out.

You know what will do it?? Creating another thread.

On a serious note, are you using your hands or a power tool? If you're using your hands with a ratchet try applying some leverage. Attach a small pipe to make the handle longer or something similar.

I twisted mine off several years ago. The hole goes through the floor pan and is exposed to road gunge on the under side. Since a significant part of my tire area is taken up with my methanol cell and the pump and hoses, I just have ignored it. The battery simply sets in the plastic tray and has never gone anywhere at all.

KS

Twist it off. Tap the hole. Get a new one. I just did it. $24 for a new bracket from the dealer.

You could also just bend the brackeg out of the way. Thst works a few times, but you will eventually use up the ductility of the bracket and it will break.

Members online

Back