Can we swap in a Jaguar S-Type R rear sway bar?

You then need to look out for lift oversteer.

It may be easiest to simply go to Addco for a rear bar.

KS

Yes, bigger sway bar would help in some cases, but if you push the car hard enough, you are still going to loose traction.
Wider rims and tires will actually be more benefical. If i get 18x9 wheel/tires in all four corners, that's additional 20% footprint, which is quite a bit. The car will stick to the road much better.

Yes, bigger sway bar would help in some cases, but if you push the car hard enough, you are still going to loose traction.
Wider rims and tires will actually be more benefical. If i get 18x9 wheel/tires in all four corners, that's additional 20% footprint, which is quite a bit. The car will stick to the road much better.

I don't want to add wider tires when a sway bar helps and the wider tires would negatively affect my mileage. The reason behind my desire for this is I want the car to be flatter through turns. Yes, I know that the handling is comparable to BMW's but I drive BMW's, Audi's and Mercedes everyday and mine leans slightly more in turns.

Dan, what do you have in mind for the front bar? Do you have access to the S-Type rear bar to see if it is bigger?
I don't have one in hand and I wouldn't see one unless I purchased one. I have the poly sway bar bushings and plan to modify end links to be thicker and have poly bushings.

Substituting a larger diameter swar bar in the rear will tend to increase oversteer (all other variables being equal), as the thicker bar transfers more load to the outside rear tire in a turn. Depending on how tail-happy you like your car to be, this could be a good thing or a bad thing.......

a lot of engineering goes into what they put on a car, i would be very careful when replacing any parts unless you have a very clear understanding on what each part does, and how it will effect the total handling especially with all or most of the parts tuned to a different part.

not saying that its a bad ideal, but there are a lot of variables to consider.

Substituting a larger diameter swar bar in the rear will tend to increase oversteer (all other variables being equal), as the thicker bar transfers more load to the outside rear tire in a turn. Depending on how tail-happy you like your car to be, this could be a good thing or a bad thing.......

I feel that I can handle a rear end. I once drove a C6 ZR-1 stick shift with summer wheels on the freeway and side streets in the snow with summer tires. I truly had to feather the clutch when downshifting to control and not get that backend out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back