Can it be done?

2001LS8Sport

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to reprogram the trans on the earlier model SST's so that you can shift it into 1st gear manually? In other words...you don't have to have it in 2nd at a light and stab the throttle fairly hard to get it into 1st.

Anyone know of anything?

Not sure if this is available with the Xcalibrator from FPN or not. But some of the engineers at Lincoln put a custom tune on one of the LLSOC members cars that enabled it to start in SST1 from a stop.

right Mike - it cannot be currently modified by the XCal - we tried a 100 different ways - no luck.

Quik...my guess is that since his Ford engineer could do it, the SCT tuner has the capabilities too once their software "hackers" can find it. Sometimes things like this take a lot of time and experimenting to find and modify...and modify correctly and safely. I'm sure they'll figure it out eventually.

I have a good friend who writes code for Ford. He's working on the new OBD stuff we'll be seeing in the future. He's also a trainer for OTC. When he travels, he has two lap tops...one that is Ford's and his regular one for all his other work and training. He asked me once if we wanted to open up the EEC on my old Mark VIII and do some playing around. I said HELL NO!! You'll be gone in a day then what am I going to do if I have a problem!! But it sure was neat to see them open that up so you could see all the code that's there. We did do that much. I'll bet there aren't very darn many people who have actually seen the code inside one of these computers. It's amazing! And this was one of the older EEC systems!

By the way, this guy's wife writes code for GM's Navigation systems and his 12 YEAR OLD daughter writes code for some of the consulting he does. Amazing family.

Yep - it's just a matter of time before SCT can do it. Torrie and many of the LLSOC guys have tried lobbying SCT....

Members online

No members online now.
Back