Can I install Advancetrac

MrOptimistic

LVC Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to install advancetrac on a v6 Lincoln ls.I noticed the the brake booster sensor,yaw sensor, steering angle sensor connections are there.. Is this a plug and play feature like selectshift or does it have to be enabled in the ecu.Does the instrument cluster have anything to do with it? :rolleyes:

Of course it is possible. The real question is "Is it practical?"
You would have to change out the ABS unit (both the electronics and the hydraulics), the brake booster, the master cylinder, add a YAW sensor, and add a steering angle sensor. It is not plug and play. You'd need a fairly good Ford specific scan tool to calibrate the system to get it to work. The instrument cluster isn't really involved other than if you want to change it to the AdvanceTrac light instead of the traction control light. The same goes for the disable switch on the floor console.

How about changing instrument cluster to display mpg.v6 to v8 cluster

This is also possible, but not practical. Basically, you would have to convert your LS to a V8 (engine, PCM, transmission, and all). It would be far cheaper to sell your V6 and buy a V8 to replace it (be sure it has the AdvanceTrac option as well).

[The message center in the cluster will not work with the V6 PCM, it has been tried.]

Unrelated to the OP, wasn't sure if warranting new thread.

Couple weeks ago I had a rear tire shred on me on the highway. Luckily the tire stayed on the wheel and I was able to limp it another mile to where I was able to change it safely. Well my AdvanceTrac and ABS light came on when it happened, obviously I think the two were related. I get a spare on and the error messages go away until now (just days) after getting a new tire put back on that wheel. The messages usually comes up immediately when starting the car, but there has been several drive cycles where the light doesn't come on until a random time while driving (seems to be when hitting the brakes like when decelerating on an off-ramp - not sure if matters).

Again, this is both AdvanceTrac and ABS indicators at the same time. I feel like if it was damage to the WSS or the teeth @ that wheel - I would have the issue constantly. The fact that it is intermittent is what scares me.

EDIT: Not sure if it matters in terms of calibration, but I have aftermarket wheels and not sure if that would matter since I was running a spare for a couple days that obviously wasn't the same size as the other 3 wheels.

It may be time for the battery disconnect and re-learn procedure.

Couple weeks ago I had a rear tire shred on me on the highway.

The messages usually comes up immediately when starting the car, but there has been several drive cycles where the light doesn't come on until a random time while driving (seems to be when hitting the brakes like when decelerating on an off-ramp - not sure if matters).

When the tire shredded I suspect it smacked the ABS sensor wire for that wheel, and you now have an intermittent open there. You likely won't see anything on a visual inspection. O' Reilly's has an Actron code reader that surprisingly enough will read ABS codes off the LS.

Turns out it is coil related... Go figure.

I got a bad batch of Motorcraft coils (9 month lifespan) from Rockauto and I am trying to pin down which ones are garbage. For some reason (because LS), the misfiring is making advancetrac message come up.

Okay my AdanceTrac is not coil related after all.

I have discovered that it is coming on as soon as I press the brake pedal. My scanner doesn't read anything related to the AdvanceTrac system.

Both ABS and AT warning activate on brake press (most of the time it is first brake press, sometimes it won't happen until randomly during the drive. EG: when exiting highway and applying brakes)

I was in a traffic jam a few days ago and when I went to press the brake, the pedal was crunchy and I could feel a depression type vibration while stopping, the warning illuminated at this exact time. Visual inspection of brakes checks out okay, Maybe bleed them and see what I get?

Go try the scanner. BTW, it's a Bosch scanner, not an Actron like I thought. Just in case your Crapple scanner isn't picking them up. I still think you have an intermittent open due to the tire damage, and that it's not going to be evident on a visual inspection.

What app? Does it normally pick up C____ codes? Try Forscan

DashCommand... I even bought the extended Ford package for the LS, but I guess it doesn't include these codes.

Members online

No members online now.
Back