Can Anyone can tell me about Spider valve mechanizm??

beatcpl

LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for the Spider valve mechanism? The item is no longer available at the AAS. So, I decide to do it myself. I found the web site that gave me great good starting point.
http://www.lincolnsonline.com/tech/00277.html
http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/airsuspension1.htm
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...-Spider-Valve-question&highlight=spider+valve
Air parts web site at http://www.poweraire.com/

I want to add water removers like Eddie's Spider extreme MR 100 . So, can anyone give me suggestions as to what I might be have to do?

Here's a picture of the one I pieced together last year. Meant to install it on my 97, but I ended up scrapping the car.

My 98 has something a little different, but similar in design. The parts aren't very cheap, I'm a VERY good deal-finder, and it was still somewhere around $115 or so, for all the pieces/parts. Also bought 100 feet of OEM-size pneumatic tubing to go with it.

If you can't tell from the pictures, you basically just splice the manifold block into the existing 4 airlines coming out of the stock compressor. Along with that, you'll use the 2 wires for the vent solenoid on the compressor (one is blue, one is white), and wire those to the small solenoid shown attached to the air dryer.
There will also be a length of tubing extending from the side outlet of the manifold to the air dryer and solenoid assembly. In hindsight, I would make that connecting piece of tubing a larger diameter than stock to facilitate venting all 4 lines at a quicker pace.

It's also very easy to add in a gauge block or a shraeder valve if needed/wanted.

With this design, the OEM compressor/dryer would function normally to pump up the system, but would vent through the add-on dryer and vent solenoid.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks, Jay
I'm trying to make Whole diagram. I'll do the more research... By the way, How hard to connect each tube to each module? And where can i buy parts?
Thanks,
Ed

Here's a picture of the one I pieced together last year. Meant to install it on my 97, but I ended up scrapping the car.

My 98 has something a little different, but similar in design. The parts aren't very cheap, I'm a VERY good deal-finder, and it was still somewhere around $115 or so, for all the pieces/parts. Also bought 100 feet of OEM-size pneumatic tubing to go with it.

If you can't tell from the pictures, you basically just splice the manifold block into the existing 4 airlines coming out of the stock compressor. Along with that, you'll use the 2 wires for the vent solenoid on the compressor (one is blue, one is white), and wire those to the small solenoid shown attached to the air dryer.
There will also be a length of tubing extending from the side outlet of the manifold to the air dryer and solenoid assembly. In hindsight, I would make that connecting piece of tubing a larger diameter than stock to facilitate venting all 4 lines at a quicker pace.

It's also very easy to add in a gauge block or a shraeder valve if needed/wanted.

With this design, the OEM compressor/dryer would function normally to pump up the system, but would vent through the add-on dryer and vent solenoid.

Thanks, Jay
I'm trying to make Whole diagram. I'll do the more research... By the way, How hard to connect each tube to each module? And where can i buy parts?
Thanks,
Ed

Hey Ed, I just responded to your PM.

I used "push-to-connect" fittings and they're readily available on the internet. I found all of my fittings on eBay. They use a similar design that the OEM air compressor uses where the 4 lines mate up with it. The lines should just slide right into the fittings and hold snug. To disconnect the lines, you just need to push in on the little blue collar. Very easy.

Also, the solenoid valve will need to accept 12VDC, and capable of holding about 100 psi.

thanks Jay

I used "push-to-connect" fittings and they're readily available on the internet. I found all of my fittings on eBay. They use a similar design that the OEM air compressor uses where the 4 lines mate up with it. The lines should just slide right into the fittings and hold snug. To disconnect the lines, you just need to push in on the little blue collar. Very easy.

Also, the solenoid valve will need to accept 12VDC, and capable of holding about 100 psi.

Jay, Thanks for your appreciation. I'm shopping for those things at online.

^^

Members online

Back