Camshaft

MrWilson

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Is there a better camshaft for the mark? i know there are for the mustang, but i dont know if it will have adverse effects on the mark comp

Sure. You can put in a bigger lift to take advantage of the breathing NA but the stock cams are almost perfect for a power adder just the way they are.

But if you dont want a power adder, then what do you recomend i look at?

Absolutely nothing.

The navi cams are worthless, and a complete waste of money.

To make any appreciatable gains from cams you need to look at a custom set of regrinds.
The price has come down a little since they first came out but you are still looking at 6-700 bucks for a set of four plus at least 500-1000 for the install dpending on where you go.
Thats why its smart to do them WHILE you are doing the complete engine.Then it doesnt cost you any extra labor because the engine is already apart.

well, unfortunately i have come to the conclusion that i will have to sell the mark, its just too expensive to keep her arround.

unstoppable said:
Absolutely nothing.

The navi cams are worthless, and a complete waste of money.

To make any appreciatable gains from cams you need to look at a custom set of regrinds.
The price has come down a little since they first came out but you are still looking at 6-700 bucks for a set of four plus at least 500-1000 for the install dpending on where you go.
Thats why its smart to do them WHILE you are doing the complete engine.Then it doesnt cost you any extra labor because the engine is already apart.

chris, is this using the stock cams or mfg's custom cams, if itsstock buy used head and use the cams from them and beef p those head and install them...not a bad price for regrind 6-7....gee im rethinking stuff, :C
o and one thing what would be the lifts on a good regrind cam....

Well Lately guys have been having good success with higher lift cams.When I was doing them it was the general consensus that there was not much to be gained from big lift.
Duaration was the name of the game.

But once you go with big lift you definately need a good valve spring set up to handle the lift.

unstoppable said:
Well Lately guys have been having good success with higher lift cams.When I was doing them it was the general consensus that there was not much to be gained from big lift.
Duaration was the name of the game.

But once you go with big lift you definately need a good valve spring set up to handle the lift.

and that why i mentioned getting a used to workit, now i heard (maybe im wrong) but do the 4.6 have after market roller rocker arms, waht the cost of a regrind

Yes there is a company making aftermarket rocker arms and lifters.
They are crazy expensive and so far hardly anyone has made the switch.Its just not cost effective.
And in case you didnt know the factory ones ARE roller.

Regrind cams are 600-700 bucks and I think solid billet custom grind cams are 1500-1700 bucks.

Members online

Back