Camphylobacter Jejuni - AKA: Food poisoning!!!

UltimateSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Miami, FL(Home of the rust free MARK VIII's
I know this is LVC & not a personal blog but this is crazy! I was absent from LVC all day yesterday because I went through hell. I had plans to finish working on my black 93 between yesterday & today then head off to see Jamie over the weekend! So I end up waking up yesterday to the most horrific diarrhea episodes. I go to work but can barely sustain myself after going to the rest room 7 times. I drive myself home only to find myself in the rest room more & more. Each time feeling a bit weaker, more nauseous & it would make my stomach feel like it was being twisted in a vice grip, it was to the point that I would scream!!! I couldn't drink anything because it would make me gag. My wife leaves work & comes to my aide. She convinces me to go to the hospital. I was indeed dehydrated at this point. After some testing & 2 IV bags down the drain I fealt great.

Result? Camphylobacter Jejuni. This bacteria incubates inside your stomach for 3-7 days before it surfaces & makes your life a living hell! Only treatment is strong antibiotics & the diarrhea will continue for 5-6 more days until the bacteria is completely out of your system. :( I feel much better but the point of my thread is to warn my LVC buddies. Read up on this bacteria, be very cautious, it's caught in raw foods such as any salads, fruits, raw/medium rare meats (that's where I probably got it), raw fish, etc... Be very careful because I don't wish this on anyone!

Jamie, my trip to your neck of the woods is on teh backburner. Depending on how my day goes today my wife & I will determine to head North or not. Ofcourse my doctor wants me to rest but the hell with her! I've been dieing to go to your shop for months & either my car breaks down or.. well now... I broke down, lol. :rolleyes:

I swear you remind me of Hey Haw. If it warn't for bad luck you'd have no luck at all. Get well and Good Luck.

bad food

ex wife had a case of that, anyway took an hour or two from the time she eat. (had a turky sandwitch an national restaurant), she had it for eight days could eat nothing but rice for that time .we had her in em room, at hospital. if you eat at restaurant an hr, or two before you got sick you should inform you local heath dept. so they can check.... long story short she missed two week work,, Restauant paid us $5,000 to keep quite.....

ex wife had a case of that, anyway took an hour or two from the time she eat. (had a turky sandwitch an national restaurant), she had it for eight days could eat nothing but rice for that time .we had her in em room, at hospital. if you eat at restaurant an hr, or two before you got sick you should inform you local heath dept. so they can check.... long story short she missed two week work,, Restauant paid us $5,000 to keep quite.....

Yeah dude that sucks! I'm on the BRAT diet: bananas, rice, apple sauce & toast> Can't eat much more than that. An occasional cereal & that's it. :( Hey, at least I have the day off & I'm working on my cars! :)

omg I got this late last year, I was out of commission for 4 days! Never even heard of it before!

Members online

No members online now.
Back