Camp 'Crawford'....Give me a break lady

MonsterMark

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Talk about dishonoring your sons death.

I don't know if any of you guys are following this story but it sounds to me like her son joined the army to spite this women, this self-proclaimed hippie. She is really high on herself. Here is a bit of her diary as she pontificates about how great she is.

I added the bold to the text and also had to toss some commentary in there in blue italics.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
by CindySheehan

Mon Aug 8th, 2005 at 21:10:24 PDT

Camp Casey
Day 3
The Peaceful Occupation of Camp Crawford

Where do I begin?

Today was a highly eventful day. This entry won't be artful, but utilitarian.
I conservatively got 3 to 5 phone calls a minute. I did about 25 phone interviews and several TV interviews. I did several right-wing radio interviews. I was supposed to do: The Today Show, MSNBC live interview, Connected Coast to Coast (MSNBC) and Hardball (MSNBC). The Today Show just never showed up and the other 3 MSNBC shows cancelled for no reason. Could it be because NBC is owned by General Electric, a major defense contractor??
{How about the reason that maybe you have been exposed for the left-wing hippie hater that you are and nobody wants to touch you with a ten foot pole?}

Another big story that was going on today was about my first meeting with Bush in June of 2004. For you all I would like to clarify a few things. First of all, I did meet with George, and that is not a secret. I have written about it and been interviewed about it. I will stand by my recounting of the meeting. His behavior was rude and inappropriate. My behavior in June of 2004 and is irrelevant to what is going on in 2005. I was in deep shock and deep grief. The grief is still there, but the shock has worn off and the deep anger has set in. And to remind everybody, a few things have happened since June of 2004: The 9/11 commission report; the Senate Intelligence report; the Duelfer WMD report; and most damaging and criminal: the Downing Street Memos. The VERY LAST THING I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS IS: Why do the right wing media so assiduously scrutinize the words of a grief filled mother and ignore the words of a lying president?

In the early afternoon, we got word that if we were still there by Thursday, we were going to be deemed a "security threat" to the president. Condi and Rummy are coning in on Thursday for a "policy" meeting. Don't they mean conspiracy to commit crimes meeting? I just don't understand why we will be a security threat on Thursday when we aren't now? If we don't leave on Thursday, we will be arrested. Well, I am not leaving. There are only three things that would make me leave: if George comes out and talks to me; if August comes to an end, or if I am arrested.

People are heading here from all over the country. I have some more Gold Star Families for Peace members coming tomorrow. We are amazed by the outpouring of love and support we are getting. If you can come, then come. 62% of the American public are against this war and want our troops home. We need to show the media that we are in the majority. We need to show George Bush and his evil cabal of neocons that when we say "bring the troops home, now" we mean "bring the troops home, now!!!"
{Yes, that sounds like a grief stricken mother talking. LOL. Put down the script and step back from the microphone}
In the late afternoon, many of us left to go back to the peace house in Crawford because there was going to be a major lightening storm. While most of us were gone, the Sheriff came and told us that what we were told was county property really was private property and we would have to remove our stuff to a tiny place, or get it confiscated. I find it interesting that the county sheriff did not know that roads in his county that lead up to the presidential vacation home are private roads. I find it very hard to believe. The bastards think that they are pushing us off, but we will not leave there voluntarily or without handcuffs on. My only hope is, there will be tons of media there when they carry me to the squad car.

Today was so bizarre for me. I got phone calls from famous people pledging their support, and phone calls from mothers with sons in Iraq who are overcome with emotion when they talk to me. And it is so brave for them to call me, because I am their worst fear. We had a young man who is in the US Army at Ft. Hood come this morning and spend hours with us. He has been there and his unit is scheduled to go back in October. How much courage did that take for him to come within earshot of his commander in chief's home and spend time with some old hippy protestors???
{Glad you admitted who you really are. This is not about your son. It is about you and how full of yourself you are. No wonder your son joined the military. He must have felt that was the best way to get back at you.}
We have lawyer working on getting us closer and working on magically turning the private property back into county property again. I have some awesome young ladies for Code Pink answering my phone and taking phone calls. We have Veteran's for Peace out there putting up banners (our tiny campsite looks real nice). We have concerned citizens from all over America starting to come in. IT IS FREAKIN' AMAZING, FOLKS!!!

Come and join us and let your voices be joined with ours. AMEN!!!
{George, blow her off. She is just a mouth-piece for the left. You already made peace with the son. Just ignore her and go about the business of being President of the United States.}

Last edited by a moderator:
I normally shy away from political or religious debate due to the "no win" scenario of such debates, but in this case I will make an exception. Bryan, I could not agree with you more.

Nobody likes war... period. In wars, people die and that's terrible but,that's the way it is and unfortunately until we evolve past violence, it is the way things will be for the foreseeable future. Currently, there are 53 wars going on in the world. We don't hear about most of them, but they're there nonetheless and soldiers and civilians are dying in them.

I'm not positive that the war in Iraq is necessary, but we're there and we need to win and we need to support our President whether we agree with him or not. United we stand, divided... WE FALL! And that is just what the radical Muslims are counting on. C'mon America, and Ms. Sheehan... WAKE THE F--- UP!

Last edited by a moderator:
It boggles my mind. Her son 'volunteered' to serve this country, and died preserving our freedom. You know Bush takes our fallin heroes very seriously, so when the story came out that she met with Bush and had all these good things to say about him, that fits the image of the man. He deeply cares for the American people. I have seen such anguish on this guy's face.

Then to have this grief-stricken mother do a 180 and make this big stink like she is the only person in the world makes me sad for her son. The kid died supporting our country. I am sure he would not approve of what his mom is doing.

You said it very well...,
Stephan said:
I'm not positive that the war in Iraq is necessary, but we're there and we need to win and we need to support our President whether we agree with him or not. United we stand, divided... WE FALL! And that is just what the radical Muslims are counting on.
No matter what 'side' you are on, we are all Americans and we have to stay together and see this thing thru. If we fail at this point, many tens of thousand, even hundreds of thousands of us will see the same fate that her son did.

I am heartened that the truth came out, exposing her for the flip-flop. At 1st the media was jumping on the bandwagon, but then the real version in 2004 came out and they knew what they had on their hands. Now the only people following this are on the far-left.

Man I hate ALWAYS being right. (not really)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

From Drudge...

FAMILY OF FALLEN SOLDIER PLEADS: PLEASE STOP, CINDY!
Thu Aug 11 2005 12:56:21 ET

The family of American soldier Casey Sheehan, who was killed in Iraq on April 4, 2004, has broken its silence and spoken out against his mother Cindy Sheehan's anti-war vigil against George Bush held outside the president's Crawford, Texas ranch.

The following email was received by the DRUDGE REPORT from Cherie Quarterolo, Casey's aunt and godmother:

Our family has been so distressed by the recent activities of Cindy we are breaking our silence and we have collectively written a statement for release. Feel free to distribute it as you wish. Thanks Ð Cherie

In response to questions regarding the Cindy Sheehan/Crawford Texas issue: Sheehan Family Statement:

The Sheehan Family lost our beloved Casey in the Iraq War and we have been silently, respectfully grieving. We do not agree with the political motivations and publicity tactics of Cindy Sheehan. She now appears to be promoting her own personal agenda and notoriety at the the expense of her son's good name and reputation. The rest of the Sheehan Family supports the troops, our country, and our President, silently, with prayer and respect.

Sincerely,

Casey Sheehan's grandparents, aunts, uncles and numerous cousins.

MonsterMark said:
Man I hate ALWAYS being right. (not really)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

From Drudge...

FAMILY OF FALLEN SOLDIER PLEADS: PLEASE STOP, CINDY!
Thu Aug 11 2005 12:56:21 ET

The family of American soldier Casey Sheehan, who was killed in Iraq on April 4, 2004, has broken its silence and spoken out against his mother Cindy Sheehan's anti-war vigil against George Bush held outside the president's Crawford, Texas ranch.

The following email was received by the DRUDGE REPORT from Cherie Quarterolo, Casey's aunt and godmother:

Our family has been so distressed by the recent activities of Cindy we are breaking our silence and we have collectively written a statement for release. Feel free to distribute it as you wish. Thanks Ð Cherie

In response to questions regarding the Cindy Sheehan/Crawford Texas issue: Sheehan Family Statement:

The Sheehan Family lost our beloved Casey in the Iraq War and we have been silently, respectfully grieving. We do not agree with the political motivations and publicity tactics of Cindy Sheehan. She now appears to be promoting her own personal agenda and notoriety at the the expense of her son's good name and reputation. The rest of the Sheehan Family supports the troops, our country, and our President, silently, with prayer and respect.

Sincerely,

Casey Sheehan's grandparents, aunts, uncles and numerous cousins.

And the rest of the silent majority as well! :wave

She's a douche. I heard her soundclips on the radio the other morning. She's a douche.

Please President Bush, ignore Cindy Sheehan. Let her rot out in the hot Texas sun. Her valiant son is rolling over in his grave in disgust of his mother's actions.

MonsterMark said:
Please President Bush, ignore Cindy Sheehan. Let her rot out in the hot Texas sun. Her valiant son is rolling over in his grave in disgust of his mother's actions.

I don't know, what's it going to hurt for BuSh to talk to her? If he's so "smart" and so "great" as you all claim, he should be able to smoke her in any conversation. Hell, put "Coach Cheney" in his ear like in the debates if necessary. I think BuSh is missing a primo oppertunity to bolster his image and maybe win back some support. What's he worried about? This is a no-lose situation..... unless he's a pussy.

JohnnyBz00LS said:
I don't know, what's it going to hurt for BuSh to talk to her? If he's so "smart" and so "great" as you all claim, he should be able to smoke her in any conversation. Hell, put "Coach Cheney" in his ear like in the debates if necessary. I think BuSh is missing a primo oppertunity to bolster his image and maybe win back some support. What's he worried about? This is a no-lose situation..... unless he's a pussy.

Too bad I didn't feel like looking for your post regarding a wide open sphincter as a response to one of my posts because this one from you surely qualifies.

Bush has nothing to gain. He is not running for re-election. He doesn't care about polls. He already made peace with the family. Let her sit. IGNORE HER. Let the press sit out there with her with no story to cover.

She is a wacko left wing beotch and somebody should put her into her place. Thank God the family is trying too. I feel for her loss but she makes me sick. She is a perfect example of what is wrong with the left in this country.

If he goes out there and talks to her, he's giving acknowledgement to the fact that what's going on isn't a farce, which it is. He wouldn't win back any support by going out to see her. I don't think many people are going to care if he talks to her, esp after reading the letter from her family and seeing that she posts on Michael Moore's website. Just because it's a no-lose doesn't make it a win-win. When will you liBS learn?

MonsterMark said:
I feel for her loss but she makes me sick. She is a perfect example of what is wrong with the left in this country.

For some reason, I don't think SHE even feels for her loss anymore. She's just living for the limelight. VERY sickening!!! I'd like someone onthe left to justify how she has acted in "changing her mind" since the last time she spoke with Bush. Please explain away the letter from her fam too.

They can't explain it away. She is a witch and her son joined the military to piss her off. That is just the way it is.

JohnnyBz00LS said:

I'm sorry Johhny, but I have to disagree with you. This woman is obviously promoting her own agenda at her dead son's expense for her "15 minutes of fame."

Bush can't possibly win a debate with her, not with the liberal media just foaming at the mouth for a chance to turn anything he says around to use against him. His best course of action is to just let her sit there and make an ass of herself.

If America had acted the way it is now during WWII, we would all be speaking German or Japanese right now. We have lost our backbone, our spirit, and our courage. We want instant gratification, even in war. If it takes more than a few days, we're ready to quit and bring our troops home. Gee, what an interesting image we're sending to our enemies. War sucks! Young men and women die. DEAL WITH IT! IT IS WHAT IT IS! We now have to finish what we started with a WIN. We do not need another Viet Nam.

Cut and Paste. Hitting the Nail on the Head

Cindy Sheehan: Media Glorifies a Radical By L. Brent Bozell III
Aug 10, 2005 One of the most profoundly annoying conceits of liberalism is the idea that dissent is the solitary province of the Left, and when liberals do it, they should be glorified for doing it, no matter how outrageous the protest.

President Bush is spending some vacation time in Crawford, Texas, so the media, predictably, are once again glorifying his left-wing protesters with lavish coverage of their antics, while dutifully refusing to identify them in any way as left wing. Call it covering and covering up. Time and Newsweek both ran pictures of a tiny group holding MoveOn.org signs protesting the John Roberts nomination outside the White House. Neither magazine identified the group as liberals, nor even mentioned MoveOn; you had to squint at the photos to make out the group's name on the protest signs.

Now, angry, Bush-hating Cindy Sheehan, the mother of a soldier killed in Iraq and co-founder of "Gold Star Families for Peace" -- last glorified by ABC in January for protesting President Bush's "lavish" second inauguration -- is being celebrated again as she sits outside Bush's Texas ranch. On their Saturday evening newscasts on Aug. 6, ABC and CBS touted the Sheehan protest with just "a few dozen people," allowing her to say Bush is enjoying his vacation while "I'm never going to be able to enjoy another vacation because he killed my son."

Bush killed him, she says. Not Saddam-loving terrorists. Bush.

No one in the media finds this rhetoric overheated. But just how overheated is Cindy Sheehan? In the world of politics, this woman deserves a padded cell. On her website, Sheehan wildly proclaims that "overwhelming" evidence proves the president is a traitor: "George [Bush] and his indecent bandits traitorously had intelligence fabricated to fit their goal of invading Iraq."

On Monday morning, the Sheehan publicity continued, but still no one reported how radical she is. CNN's graphic throughout their story on "American Morning" read "Peace Mom." In a "Good Morning America" devoted almost entirely to mourning the death of Peter Jennings, ABC made room for the "angry and determined mother" on her "peace vigil." NBC's "Today" began their show by promoting "a mother's vigil" in the first seconds of the program.

Can you imagine the networks ruining the Clinton vacation on Martha's Vineyard by making a big story out of a conservative protester there? I can't, because they didn't. In 1998, a few weeks after Clinton admitted sex with Monica Lewinsky, he went to his first partisan pep rally in Worcester, Mass. ABC and CBS did full stories, and the streets outside the hall were filled with protesters demanding Clinton resign, but ABC and CBS failed to interview them. Only Fox News brought up how a local Democratic city council member, Konstantina Lukes, refused to attend.

Cut back to the present. Cindy Sheehan wasn't the only "peace" protester glorified by "Today." Late in the Monday program, they aired another seven minutes of pure propaganda on the "Raging Grannies" of Tucson, Ariz., who muster a whopping 15 to 20 protesters outside a military recruitment center every Wednesday.

What is it with these left-wing grannies, anyway? It was almost exactly like five years ago, when the publicity frenzy was for Doris "Granny D" Haddock, agitating for the liberal cause of "campaign finance reform." ABC's Charles Gibson congratulated her for her "very worthy work." NBC's Matt Lauer ("I love Granny D!") and Katie Couric ("She's great!") took turns cheerleading.

For the Tucson grannies, anchor Natalie Morales could only find cuteness and "commitment," not mudslinging and hard-core ideology: "Beware, there is a group of grannies serving up much more than milk and cookies. NBC's Peter Alexander caught up with them, proving commitment has no age limit."

After a syrupy story in which Alexander hailed them as "compassionate," but never described them as harsh or ultraliberal, even as they screeched against the "illegal, immoral war" and yelled, "No blood for oil," Morales interviewed four of the Tucson activists, dressed in stereotypical "granny" garb and praised them for their "witty lyrics" and their status as role models.

NBC never explained the "Raging Grannies" are a project of the local chapter of the Women's International League for Peace and Freedom, a 90-year-old "peace" group that despises any military spending and opposed even the Cold War. The grannies are loonies who pass out flyers stating that "The Iraq war has everything to do with U.S. controlling access to Middle Eastern Oil," and the war has nothing to do with terrorism, but "everything to do with U.S. world domination." Even so, NBC's Alexander supinely claimed, "they say they're fighting for the men and women fighting for them."

"News" stories like these show that the media have chosen sides between the liberation backers and the "peace" protesters. They are to news what these protesters are to reasonable discourse.

L. Brent Bozell III is the president of the Media Research Center.

Stephan said:
If America had acted the way it is now during WWII, we would all be speaking German or Japanese right now. We have lost our backbone, our spirit, and our courage. We want instant gratification, even in war. If it takes more than a few days, we're ready to quit and bring our troops home. Gee, what an interesting image we're sending to our enemies.
If a Democrat had been President we would have already lost this war. And I'm not talking about Iraq!

You know what's funny. That also hit right on the head why CNN sucks(except my bro, he's a good producer, even for a lefty) and they get absolutely demolished by Fox. I mean, it isn't even funny how bad Fox kills CNN. And what I find even more funny is that despite being the most popular news station on the country, the lefties STILL say that it feeds propoganda!! I mean, do you think if the news on Fox was so full of lies, that so many people would be duped. Check the ratings, the top show on CNN which is Larry King doesn't even break 1 mill viewers anymore, while O'Reilly consistantly breaks 2 mill!!! In fact, so do the 2nd and 3rd most popular fox news show, H and C, and Greta. Oh, but they still must be wrong. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME OF YOUR KIT KAT.

JohnnyBz00LS said:

I'm not sure I understand what kind of "situation" or "oppertunity" (a.k.a. opportunity) you're talking about here. Has this woman asked the President to debate her? Are you just trying to "goad" us here?

Other things that you say that make no sense:

1. I never saw anything in Bush's ear that indicated he was being communicated to by anyone in the debates.

2. What support does he need to win back? A woman who is part of a radical left wing group? Why should he care? He won the election hands down.

3. There is no evidence that the President is "worried" about anything regarding this woman.

4. The "pussy" comment speaks for itself. The only pussy in office would have been Kerry or Gore, either of which would have run tail-b/t-legs from the WOT.

5. Arguing with an irrational woman on camera would not bolster anyone's image.

6. Greatness doesn't involve putting people down or "smoking" people in a conversation (although if it did, most of us would be considered great at your expense on this forum). It often involves using restraint and having respect for people's rights to protest, even when they are stupid.

Did I miss anything, guys?

Oh, yeah:

*owned*

Like I said. Mr. President, no need to talk to this women. Ignore her and go about your business of running the country.

To 'deal' with her would only serve the radical left and encourage more moron and more moronic media people to behave like the nutcases they are.

Stephan said:
If America had acted the way it is now during WWII, we would all be speaking German or Japanese right now. We have lost our backbone, our spirit, and our courage. We want instant gratification, even in war. If it takes more than a few days, we're ready to quit and bring our troops home. Gee, what an interesting image we're sending to our enemies. War sucks! Young men and women die. DEAL WITH IT! IT IS WHAT IT IS! We now have to finish what we started with a WIN. We do not need another Viet Nam.

This is EXACTLY why BuSh needs to win back support from the American people. The "great uniter" is SUPPOSED to do things to bring us together for a common cause. BuSh is doing just the opposite, doing things to drive the wedge deeper between the left and right. He's such a PUSSY that he had to take a helicopter from his ranch to throw the first pitch at a little league game to avoid passing "Camp Crawford". I think he is abolutely RIGHT (yes, you heard it here first folks, Johnny B is agreeing w/ BuSH!!) that we cannot pull out of Iraq until they can stand on their own. Now he MUST convince those on the far left of that in order to show the world that the US stands united. So what does he do? Avoids some trivial confrontation w/ the mother of a fallen soldier. And you think it's the lefties that make the US look WEAK to the rest of the world? BuSh is the laughing stock of the world, and a big PUSSY to boot. If he can't handle and positively influence the mood of his own people, how the hell do you expect him to succeed abroad?

JohnnyBz00LS said:
He's such a PUSSY that he had to take a helicopter from his ranch to throw the first pitch at a little league game to avoid passing "Camp Crawford".
Get ALL your facts straight Johnny. On Friday, he drove right past her on the way to a $2,000,000 fund raiser for Republicans. She was in the picture, 3rd from left. The picture came from inside one of the vehicles. I think Bush was even giving her the friendly finger of friendship. What the hell, you think the guy drives down I-10 to go to the local drive-in movie?

JohnnyBz00LS said:
If he can't handle and positively influence the mood of his own people, how the hell do you expect him to succeed abroad?
You look to be the perfect example of a mind-numbed robot that allows 'polls' to influence opinion. Screw everybody. Do what is right. Not what is popular. Sounds like you're a victim of peer pressure.

Btw, I guess I have to inform you that Bush is NOT running for re-election. Who gives a crap about this uniting b.s. The only time the left talks about uniting is when they are out of power. But when they have it, watch out. It's my way or the highway. Hypocrites.

MonsterMark said:
We had a young man who is in the US Army at Ft. Hood come this morning and spend hours with us. He has been there and his unit is scheduled to go back in October. How much courage did that take for him to come within earshot of his commander in chief's home and spend time with some old hippy protestors???

Can I get the name of this Soldier??? He is in violation of the following articles of the Uniform Code of Military Justice

Article 81: Conspiracy
Article 82: Solicitaion
Article 88: Contempt toward Officials
Article 92: Failure to obey an order or regulation
Article 94: Mutiny or Sedition
Article 133: Conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman (if commisioned)
Article 134: General Article

This guy would be breaking rocks for a long time...

But hey, I guess this is who this lady wanted her son to be... Too bad he turned into an honorable soldier who fought and died for his country and beliefs.

Man, I feel sorry for this guy. And yes, he is a liberal democrat but even he can't drink the kool-aid anymore. No surprise here.

I hope she gets served this week in Bush's back yard. Wouldn't that be great? With all the press there. Here Cindy, consider yourself served. Your husband is divorcing you, you nut job.

If I was the processor, I'd put on a George Bush mask to serve her. Would that be hilarious or what? That would be a front page worthy pic for sure.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0815051sheehan1.html

Cindy really lost all of her credibility when she called for Israel out of Palestine. Since when is she an expert on either foreign relations or on the middle east. Even you guys on the left can't defend what she said. Not that she had all that much credibility to begin with, but now it's not even arguable.

Members online

No members online now.
Back