Camber Plates

Jaymike

LVC Member
Reaction score
Where can i find CAMBER PLATES for a 96 Lincoln Mark Vlll tired of buyin new tires please HELP!!!!!!

Where can i find CAMBER PLATES for a 96 Lincoln Mark Vlll tired of buyin new tires please HELP!!!!!!

:eek:Camber plates??? I sincerely hope you're not serious. Mark VIII's have upper and lower control arms, not struts. So there will never, ever be a need for camber plates. There's nowhere to put them and they would not do a bit of good at all. The shocks on a Mark VIII have absolutely nothing to do with alignment, unlike a strut suspension. Are you sure you don't have a Mark VII?:D

check your suspension components, Upper control arms, lower control arms, sway bar end links, tie rod ends, bushings, etc....

Replace whats jacked and get and alignment.

Camber adjustments are done where the LCA meets the engine cradle.

Definitely get an alignment done if you are going thru tires up front, and have them look at your ball joints, bushing, tie rods also. Your camber is adjusted by the camber bolts on the CA to adjust for proper setting.

Its the rear end that has the negative camber n im goin through rear tires like once a month. Will an alignment really help that?

Its the rear end that has the negative camber n im goin through rear tires like once a month. Will an alignment really help that?

Holy :q was it in a rear end collision? Go get a four wheel alignment and ask for a print out. There are adjustment cams in the rear, so don't let them give you that "we can't adjust the rear b.s." but definitely have everything checked out. Try doing the work yourself if there are issues present because there's plenty of info to help you here

Most shops claim the rear can't be adjusted.

But it can as Chucklz95LSC said.

The techs at Napa by my place tried to tell me I had to buy a special kit for the rear that would cost $300!! So I went out into the shop area under my car and showed them where the adjustments were. Most of them just don't know and have to be educated a bit.

my fender gap is about a half inch, has been for 5 years or so, everything is aligned within spec and my tires wear normally

+1 for get an alignment

Slaaaammmmmm

Welcome to the Forum Jay Mike, Im gonna keep lookin for you man. His mark has a 1.5" lowered spring conversion on it. The Neg Camber on the rear of this Car is Unbelievable!!!:eek: It has been wrecked before but I think it was Frnt end Damage, the Neg Camber is worst on one wheel than the other (Driver side I believe).

Members online

No members online now.
Back