Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham vs Lincoln town car

drivinlincoln86

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 97 Lincoln town car and I was next to a 94-96 Cadillac Fleetwood brougham. When the light turned green, he was half way down the street. I have never been in one, but they seem be better than the town car. So, I was wondering how do they compair? 90-92 and the 93-96 fleetwood brougham vs the Lincoln Town Car.

Give me a Fleetwood anyday. Nicer, more luxurious and elegant styling. Better, more reliable engine. More comfortable ride. And on top of that, its a Cadillac!

Well, I looked at safety recalls for both a 91 town car and a 91 fleetwood brougham and the caddy recall addresses rear wheel cylinders too smal whereas the lincoln recalls address lower ball joint cracking,defective hood latch and safety latch,incorrect tire placard,fuel line repositioning and fuel line retainer coupling clips. As far as engines go,the 4.6 triton is new style and high tech and the 350 chev is ancient and bulletproof, both are good engines.

Then I looked at 1995 town car and 95 fleetwood brougham safety recalls.
The caddy recalls address lug nut torque,lower ball joint attachment nut defective,shift control linkage defective and throttle contol pedal defect.
The lincoln recalls address air bag and air bag module inspection,lower ball joint cracking,brake line wear and/or leak,pitman arm seperation,fuel filler leakage,passenger airbag cracked and fuel line coupling retaining clips.

Finally, I looked at blue book value for all four cars with the same mileage and standard equipment so we are comparing apples to apples.

91 brougham= $2225
91 town car executive sedan= $2150
95 fleetwood= $5765
95 fleetwood brougham= $6095
95 town car executive sedan= $3665
I listed the base fleetwood because in 95 brougham was an option.

From what i've found I would pick the fleetwood over the town car.
:C

drivinlincoln86 said:
I have a 97 Lincoln town car and I was next to a 94-96 Cadillac Fleetwood brougham. When the light turned green, he was half way down the street. I have never been in one, but they seem be better than the town car. So, I was wondering how do they compair? 90-92 and the 93-96 fleetwood brougham vs the Lincoln Town Car.

The more time goes on, Ive been thinking about switching teams, right know I have a 95 TC. I love it. I think that if I had a Fleetwood, Id be thinking about getting a TC. Id say keep the Tc if you can and get a Fleetwood, make up your mind and sell one.

1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

I have a 1994 cadillac fleetwood it rides great and it moves ...i've had no problems with it has 100,600 miles on it

One thing is for sure the TC would never get beat on reiablity since there are plenty of the TC out their with 3-400,000 miles. Don't know much about caddies but my 1988 deville went to 240,000 miles.

91-97 Town Car v. 94-96 FWB:

Town Car is a smoother ride, higher quality interior (the interior plastics on the 89k mile 1994 Fleetwood Brougham I looked at we're falling off) The Town Car also has more electronic gizmos (Trip Computer) and I've generally seen cars with more miles on the 4.6 versus the 350LT1 they had in the 94-96 FWB's. Also the Town Car feels smaller and has better sightlines than the FWB does. But the Fleetwood has this sheer presence that the Town Car doesnt, plus that LT1 makes it very quick for being 4500 lbs! Also, I believe the FWB has more road feel than the Town Cars do, but I'm not positive on that.

Just look at the sales numbers, and that shows you all you need to know.

1991-92 Town Car v. 90-92 Brougham:

I like the styling of the Brougham way more, thats probably the best looking Caddy ever IMO. But the Brougham dates back to 1977, whereas the Town Car was redesigned in 1990, but other than that, those two are surprisingly similar. Both have the long, low, square look to them, both have massive interiors ( I like the Brougham's dash design more though, even though it lacks the instrumentation of the TC) But of course, the TC has the air springs, which will leak, but either way, you'll have to replace the rear suspension in either. And with the 4.6 SOHC, the Town Car is much quicker than a 5.0 Brougham, and has similar performance to the 5.7 Brougham.

you gotta be kidding me...

you ask that, and all i can hear is "Z06 or VW Bug?" hmmmm let me think real hard.

well i have one of each . i have a 88 fleet and a 93 town car i have also had a 94 fleet and numerous other lincolns . it all depends on the owner . i loved my 94 fleet with the lt1 . you can add performance parts even though they are luxury cars . just depends on your taste . im in the process of building a 383 stroker for my cadi . but the lt1 has alot more power than the stock 4.6 in my oppinion .

i did a paper on this argument for my english class a couple of years ago. it was 1995 ltc vs 1995 fwb. really it depends on what you are looking for. both have enough room although fleetwood has more. both are styled classy but the lincoln has a much more modern interior and imo thats what counts considering im on the inside when i drive and im not looking at the outside. preformance wise the fwb beats it hands down but the 4.6 can be built up. there are numerous upgrades you can do as well as on the lt1. i wasnt sure on the gas requirements but i know i can put 87 octane in my ltc and be fine. lincoln has a smoother ride although many people complain about the air ride breaking. imo its easy to fix if you have the resources and a how to guide. another great thing about the 95 ltc is that it has obd 2 and almost all other cars got this in 96 so you can do alot of engine tuning that you couldnt do with other cars of that year. it basically boils down to what you want. fleetwood makes a bold statement while town car blends in with style. if they could make a fleetwood body with a town car interior that would be nice.

You cant take anything from the TC . They are they best ride you can get (air bags) - when working right and car maintained id say they TC is more reliable,better ride, and classier style. But, they are everywhere and some were not made good. The caddy is just about the same, nice ride, reliable - yet less common and easily modified.

You have no idea what kind of mods he had done to it, so you cant really say. But id say either way that the caddy would win, the TC are not for speed, thats for sure. But only by a length or two. The 4.6 in the lincoln will run long after that old 5.0 is in its grave.

I have both, I can make up my mind!

33473580005_large.jpg

:V :L
Well, I looked at safety recalls for both a 91 town car and a 91 fleetwood brougham and the caddy recall addresses rear wheel cylinders too smal whereas the lincoln recalls address lower ball joint cracking,defective hood latch and safety latch,incorrect tire placard,fuel line repositioning and fuel line retainer coupling clips. As far as engines go,the 4.6 triton is new style and high tech and the 350 chev is ancient and bulletproof, both are good engines.

Then I looked at 1995 town car and 95 fleetwood brougham safety recalls.
The caddy recalls address lug nut torque,lower ball joint attachment nut defective,shift control linkage defective and throttle contol pedal defect.
The lincoln recalls address air bag and air bag module inspection,lower ball joint cracking,brake line wear and/or leak,pitman arm seperation,fuel filler leakage,passenger airbag cracked and fuel line coupling retaining clips.

Finally, I looked at blue book value for all four cars with the same mileage and standard equipment so we are comparing apples to apples.

91 brougham= $2225
91 town car executive sedan= $2150
95 fleetwood= $5765
95 fleetwood brougham= $6095
95 town car executive sedan= $3665
I listed the base fleetwood because in 95 brougham was an option.

From what i've found I would pick the fleetwood over the town car.
:C

well doncha think it would be more fair if you didnt use the base line town car up against the top of the line brougham why dont you try comparing up the cartier im sure the results would be a little different...

see i came up with these results
91 brougham 2,360
91 lincoln town car cartier 4,160
95 fleetwood brougham 5,035
95 lincoln town car cartier 5,960
so yea.

I luv my Lincoln

the tc cartier with the handling package is a better match up to the fwb...as far as the leaky air springs on the tc, thats an easy fix...the fwb i test drove recently had a set of air shocks in the rear supplementing the coil springs...those leak too, the rear of the car was saggy....performance wise i have an old motor trend issue with a test drive on a 1994 fwb...0-60 in 8.5...the tc with the handling package(dual exhaust 210hp, shorter rear end) was 8.4...i test drove both 1996 models recently...the fwb does make a statement when you pull up in it, but imo the tc did ride better and got better mpg...smaller motor, similar performance...cant beat that....as far as reliability, the fwb had a bottom end knock, this is the 3rd one ive heard with that knock, especially after i got on it...it had 69k miles...the tc had 102k and performed flawlessly...i will admit though, the fwb did feel noticeably stronget than the tc on takeoff but on wot, acceleration was virtually identical...tc gets my vote if i had to choose...i would like to own both one day however

I think the Fleetwoods are better than the Town Cars in every way, way better engine 5.7L 350 LT1 a lot more power and torque, 5,000 lbs towing capacity, 7,000 lbs if equipped with the factory trailering package these huge 19ft long cars could do 0-60 in 6-7 seconds! better ride, better looks, and they last extremely long, 400,000 to 500,000 miles. The Fleetwood is considered the best luxury car of the 1990's by many experts.

The 1994-96 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham was my all time favorite car to own no comparison to a Lincoln of that year... That was the last of the great Cadillacs in my opinion

I think the Fleetwoods are better than the Town Cars in every way, way better engine 5.7L 350 LT1 a lot more power and torque, 5,000 lbs towing capacity, 7,000 lbs if equipped with the factory trailering package these huge 19ft long cars could do 0-60 in 6-7 seconds! better ride, better looks, and they last extremely long, 400,000 to 500,000 miles. The Fleetwood is considered the best luxury car of the 1990's by many experts.
Highly unlikely that a stock Fleetwood could do 0-60 mph in 7 seconds or less. About 8.5 seconds is more like it.

I honestly don't think they could do under 7.5 seconds, but I've heard from numerous owners that they have seen numbers as low as 7 seconds, I know 8.5 was the manufacturer set time, but it's not uncommon for a car to do a better or even slower time than the manufacturer set time. It sure isn't that unbelievable with more than 330 pound feet of torque and about 260hp.

Members online

No members online now.
Back