Burning oil?

Whiteviii

LVC Member
Reaction score
is it possible to burn about half quart of oil in 2 days? i checked my dip stick and its wet about too half way between full and add?

Would it be the valve cover gaskets or the rings?

you checked it after sitting 6 or more hours? it takes a LONG time for oil to return to the pan in these cars

Take and good look the underside of your car and see if you have oil on it from a leak. Thats how my oil pan gasket started to show it needed replacing, oil levels dropping for no apparent reason.

Half way between the full and add is NOT 2 quarts. Thats a half quart at best.

I had a car one time ran just a tad over the add line, I would add and it would go down to that spot and stay there, for years it kept that level even after oil changes. Lol must of had a hole in the oil pan there lol.

I would think if your using alot of oil and you dont see it on the ground, you would see it in the exhaust on start up or excelleration.

It doesn't smoke on start up or when I accelerate and it looks like some pil on bottle of vsf but not much and it's no leaving spots I added some lucus oil stabilizer going to see with that will work

Laser point was understood ssssoooorrrry about the typo.
white you can go old school and jack it up and look around under the car, If its not leaking anyware it has to be burining it, How many miles does the car have on it

107,672 I'm prolly going to go take it to my shop that we have and put it up on a lift but I added 32 os of lucus oil and that seems to be working so far

Laser point was understood ssssoooorrrry about the typo.
white you can go old school and jack it up and look around under the car, If its not leaking anyware it has to be burining it, How many miles does the car have on it
Just joshin ya. I am by far one of the worster speelors hair. :p

Members online

No members online now.
Back