Burning OIL????

shorn

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys everytime i stop at a light I am smelling oilish substance comming in when i have the heat on. But it goes away when i hit the buttom for recirc in the cab. Any ideas? I have no oil leaks at all on the ground Everything is dry under the car I looked really good when I put it up in the air. Thanks for your time!!!

If you car is 03 or older...

likely a valve cover gasket leak. It is either leaking very very small amount on the rear outside edges and dipping onto the exhaust manifold (driver's side most common) - or it's leaking internally into the sparkplug wells and burning off on a hot engine.

in either case - it's likely the start of a very common valve cover gasket leak....

If you car is 03 or older...

likely a valve cover gasket leak. It is either leaking very very small amount on the rear outside edges and dipping onto the exhaust manifold (driver's side most common) - or it's leaking internally into the sparkplug wells and burning off on a hot engine.

in either case - it's likely the start of a very common valve cover gasket leak....

+1, I had the same thing and all of my plug holes were filled with oil. New VCG's, one coil and 8 plugs and I'm good to go again.

I have already replaced my vcg and all coils and plugs though. It was doing this before i replaced all these parts too . What could it be ? I took the coils out last night to see if the vcg were indeed leaking but they were all were dry as a bone . what if the coil cover was not sealed all the way? I just dont know what else to look at ?

I have the exact same problem, everytime i stop at a light i smell the burning through the heat vents. I guess I will have to replace the valve cover gasket and plugs? Approx. how much would I be looking at spending?
Is this important to do right away or can it be let go for a bit?

where can i find coils????? i mean the cheapest give me a link

oh yea nyc ls8 how did u make out with that grill we bought from pektel a couple guys told me its to thin but i dont kno i guess ill make it work some how, i mean when we put it on its going to be very far back on the bumper u dig?

Members online

Back