Bumper removal...........

Hotthedd said:
Anybody know how to remove the front bumper from a 1994 Mark?

I've done it but I'd need to jog my memory. There's darts on the underside behind the spoiler I beleive, and there's screws around the bumper portion of the wheel well. You might have to take the corner lights out to access a nut or two. I changed out my whole front end, wasn't paying attention and didn't care about the old parts (got in a minor accident)

There's a hidden screw on your corner light, where the chrome eyebrow ends.

There's two more nuts on the backside you can access after you take the black pastic beauty cover off. (for the corner light)

What part are you hung up on?

Here is what you do:
1) Turn the wheels all the way to one side, and then pop the hood.

2) Remove the hood latch bar.

3) Remove the plastic screws that hold the beauty cover over the headlights....then remove the beauty cover.

4) Using a ratchet and a socket (either a 10, 11 or 12 MM...I forget exactly which one), remove the nuts that hold the side marker lights in place on both sides.

5) Using a philips head screwdriver, remove the screws that hold the side marker lights in place....remove the side marker lights.

6) Unplug the side marker lights and set them aside.

7) Remove the 2 nuts on both sides that hold the bumper cover in place(same size as the ones that are under the beauty cover).

8) Remove the screws that hold the bumper cover in place on the side that the wheel is tucked into the fender area.....after removing the 3 screws start the car up and turn the wheels to the other side and repeat.

9) Under the car remove the 4 (2 on either side of the car) screws that hold the lower portion of the bumper cover in place.

10) Also under the car remove the 4 or 5 plastic push pins that also hold the bumper cover in place.

11) Reach up inside the bumper cover and remove the stabilizer from the header panel by pulling the plastic push pin....DO NOT try to remove the stabilizer by removin the portion that is actually attached to the bumper cover itself.

12) Pull the bumper cover forward a SHORT distance and then remove the 2 nuts that hold the back of the grille in place.

13) Remove the bumper cover completely from the car......

14) Reverse these steps to put the bumper cover back on.

Hope this helps.......:shifty:

Last edited:
^Thanks, that's very helpful. I'm gonna have to remove mine sooner or later so I'm glad this thread came up now.

Stack said:
:N Done that a few times huh? :N

Yeah, just a few times....I just put a new grille on my car and you have to remove the bumper cover to do it, and I also had to replace my compressor relay so while I had the bumper cover off, I completed that as well. :D

Here is a picture of when i took my bumper off.

Alpena 001 (Small).jpg

Thanks

I needed the info badly. i just put a mesh grill on the mark and here is a quick photogrill.jpg of what it looks like. i need a paint job badly and that will be coming in two weeks. once that is done i will post pics of that as well.......

grill.jpg

That looks pretty good, I made one up exactly like that awhile ago. It needs some sort of edge surrounding the mesh though (maybe not on the top since the chrome piece is there.

MediumD said:
That looks pretty good, I made one up exactly like that awhile ago. It needs some sort of edge surrounding the mesh though (maybe not on the top since the chrome piece is there.
I agree pretty cool. If the edge is rolled nice enough, maybe the edge could be avoided.

May need to bow out abit to match the shape of the front of the car.

yea i agree. i tried beding it but this stuff cracks if you bend it too many tmes so i was being really cautios. i cant think of hat to put around the edge thogh but i will look into it.

Members online

Back