Build Log - Blemish

For the money CDT are not as good as focal, focal is a premier audio comPany I mean their home audio is incredible. I would live to have some utopia's I would kill to have a pair of grand utopia III's. Still cool stuff going on there. I also have to agree with the blemish letters. I am not a fan of lettering to begin with though. But hey if you like it, rock it and don't take no :q:q:q:q about it.

Last edited:
with the lettering its more cause i had them sitting around for ages ago and decided to play. They will stay on till the adhesive gives way. Which will likely not be too long since they were in storage for so long. But if not that's fine too

it's cool its your ride not anyone else's, I just prefer the clean look, no large trim, letters emblems and such. But if you like it leave it.

Same as 2002. This is a Lincoln not a civic. I really dislike seeing tacky stick on stuff on them. And like to see everything color matched. These cars cost over $40 grand new it's worth it to spend a couple extra bucks and keep them looking good.

Only stick on things I have on mine is a dash kit which I may start pulling off soon.

sorry bud, but it looks like something a stripper would do... (an ugly one)

Hmm I would have thought the but the graininess of the photo led me to believe that it was not taken with a flash. And wouldnt the whole reflector light up?

Trunk lid lights don't light up on Gen IIs. There is a strip a reflector that goes along the bottom of the entire light (fender/trunk) and that's what you are seeing.

Been working on custom badges for the grille and rear surround. There is still alot of sanding to get them flat and straight. After that paint will be going on them.

20120521184946.jpg

More updates. Just got the mounting kit, wiring harness, and antenna for a Headunit install. I also have some of the LEDs i plan to use pulled out of storage too. The leds are going to be used for ambient lighting

I will be using a headunit i had laying around Farenheit TID-580. Below are its specs

In-dash AM/FM, DVD, CD, MP3 player with TV Tuner and Remote
Fixed display face
5.8" LCD full color display
Wireless remote control included
Blue button lighting
Power Output:
Peak: 50 watts x 4 channels
RMS: 17 watts x 4 channels
MP3 ID3 Tag Display (Title/Artist/Album)

Playback and Audio Features:
Playback of DVD, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3, and MP4
NTSC/PAL Compatible
Tuner with 18FM/12AM presets
3-Band equalizer with 3 preset tone curves
30 Second electronic anti-shock mechanism

Expandability Options:
3 Sets of 2V preamp outputs (front, rear, and subwoofer) + Line Out RCAs
iPod Ready: IC-1 IPod connection cable required
Front-panel auxiliary input: mini USB input allows connection to portable media devices such as MP3 players, etc.
Rear auxiliary video input: Rear AUX input for back-up camera
Rear auxiliary input: 1 A/V auxiliary input for secondary input source
CD Changer controls

LEDS
20120809204259.jpg

Antenna module
20120809204317.jpg

Metra 70-5521 + Head unit wiring harness
20120809204511.jpg

20120809204528.jpg

Metra 95-5000s + headunit
20120809204454.jpg

20120809204618.jpg

The following QR is my car. I'm helping test a site with this code.
blemishqr.jpg

regarding the wiring harness. Am i correct in that the White RCA is for the factory subwoofers, the Red RCA is for the center effect channel, and both of the blue/white wires in the 8 pin need to be connected to the remote on of the headunit? (with an resistor of 1k to 1.4k ohm)

two things,

yes both wires after the resistor, sorry dont know with out testing which is which.

why are you going to use that stick on metra antenna? is there something wrong with the OEM rear glass antenna, those metra antennas blow pretty bad, most times when i try to use them, they barely receive any better signal than the broke antenna im trying to replace.

well if the metra antenna is worse it will go back. I was uncertain if there was something odd about the LS factory antenna connector. With the '96 Aurora i had before it i had to use an antenna adapter meant for a VW to connect to the factory one.

well if the metra antenna is worse it will go back. I was uncertain if there was something odd about the LS factory antenna connector. With the '96 Aurora i had before it i had to use an antenna adapter meant for a VW to connect to the factory one.

yes almost all GM cars built after 87 need antenna adapters. so do chyslers after 02, fords after mid to late 00's depending on the model...

this uses the standard connector.

RE: Front and rear emblems mounted

FAIL !!!

Emblems are glued onto this plasti-dip ? SERIOUSLY ?

Sorry to each his own, it looks better stock ... and I know, no-one asked me.

Don't mean to knock your efforts but that looks JROC'ish

I would have re-sprayed the inside waterfalls flat black but finished the chrome with a color match.

Then the emblems if they were that bad before, should have just got new ones or ordered some customs from Manoli.

Get that "Noble" car sales sticker off.

I'd peel that Plasti-dip off the surrounds, front and back,
lose the playdough emblems and start over.

sand the chrome down and color match,
debadge the real and be done with it.

:: Flame away Boys !!!

The Noble stuff will be coming off once i have the stereo fully installed. This is actually the longest I have ever left the dealership thing on a car.

JROC? I should know this abbreviation but its slipping my mind. And no the original emblems are fine, i just wanted to try something different. Obviously it has a polarizing effect on people. It's just too bad i can bottle the flames up and use them for heat in the winter.

Eventually I'm planning to make a McLaren grille clone.

sorry dude but those emblems look terrible. Stick to the OEM emblems. Or check out the thread manoli posted.

car overall looks good tho.

Yikes :eek: The stick ons and the homemade emblems look hideous. I'm all for trying to make custom pieces and intergrating them into cars, but thats on a whole different level. Good job on trying but those don't belong on an LS.

Everything else looks good though :cool:

Damn, I didn't know so many people paid for your car and drive it everyday Starfire. Do you rent it out to these guys or what?

I mean, why is it that everyone here tells everyone else how to mod their car... then we end up with 100 cars that all look identical which is dumber than fender vents are.

Damn, I didn't know so many people paid for your car and drive it everyday Starfire. Do you rent it out to these guys or what?

I mean, why is it that everyone here tells everyone else how to mod their car... then we end up with 100 cars that all look identical which is dumber than fender vents are.

I kind of agree with you but, I can I also see the other side of it as well. The guy is putting himself out there on a forum, so he his in a roundabout way, asking for the public opinion.
Some of us see these cars as stylish luxury, others see it as another car to throw universal aftermarket crap at.

I kind of agree with you but, I can I also see the other side of it as well. The guy is putting himself out there on a forum, so he his in a roundabout way, asking for the public opinion.
Some of us see these cars as stylish luxury, others see it as another car to throw universal aftermarket crap at.

I can agree, but after you say I don't like it, and you put you need to do X... If you aren't paying for it and its not your car, then no need to say it, I mean a nice, hey what about doing this is cool, but the second some one joins and does something a little bit different everyone loses their mind.

I see very few cars that look that same on the forum.

Maybe we all just have good taste? I mean if something looks bad im gonna be honest and let them know. But in the end its their choice whether they want to ride around with tacky mods.

I see very few cars that look that same on the forum.

Maybe we all just have good taste? I mean if something looks bad im gonna be honest and let them know. But in the end its their choice whether they want to ride around with tacky mods.

I see a lot of cars here with all the same ****

2002 lincolnls I get what you're saying, but I tend to agree with the others. Even if some cars around here do have a lot of similar mods, that doesn't mean they look bad. Also, there obviously isn't a lot of aftermarket so we are all kinda stuck with similar setups. I'm all for creativity and truly custom parts and I give them props for trying something new, but simply because they tried something new doesn't mean we can't have an opinion and say they don't look good or are poorly done. His emblems are poorly done and he should stick with the factory emblems...does everyone have factory emblems? Yes. Do they look better than what he has? Yes.

Edit - thanks sbcaprice...

Members online

No members online now.
Back