Build Log - Blemish

Starfire

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
This is my build log for my 04 LS v8. Its name is Blemish and it is a decepticon.

First alteration was the grille. It has been plastidip.
Next up will be the rear surround is also getting plastidip.
After that will be a folding mirror upgrade for both sides

[reserved for pictures]
Grille
20120313134318.jpg

Rear surround ; Yes the plastidip pealed some. Later i will go back and touch that up by hand.
dscf1050a.jpg

rearsurround.jpg

LED Conversion; So far only 3 bulbs have been changed the bulbs under the dash and the glovebox. They are now red. The glove box needs a different led setup as it does show well on a black felt surface. Since i have both license plate bulbs blow they will be getting changed soon too.
ledfootandglove.jpg

Last edited:
Future plans include (underlined and bold=done)

Exterior
1. Grille
2. Rear Surround
2. front fender body moldings being changed to the 2001 'LS' badged moldings.
3. a 3pc rear wing.
4. Razzi Body kit (Front, Rear and Skirts)
5. Angel Eyes
6. Upgraded Suspension (what parts undecided)
7. Upgraded Brake system (also undecided)
8. LED light upgrades [3/19]
9. Plastidip Rims.
10. Smoked taillights
11. Cold Air intake
12. Cat-back exhaust
13. Exhaust tips (type undecided)

Interior
1. upgraded speakers (front, rear, center and sub)
a. Speaker grille cloth instead of metal grilles.
2. Navi head unit
3. Custom Shiftboot and ring
4. wood & leather shift knob
5. wood & leather steering wheel
6. Accent Lighting (red)
a. ambient lights
b. Cupholder
7. Gauges and button lighting (red)
8. LED lighting
9. Upgraded floor and trunk mats
10. 'LS' engraved rear door sill panels (P/N 3W4Z5413228AAB & 3W4Z5413229AAB )
11. Embroidered head rest
12. Heated Rear Seat install

Total Cost so far
$12.30 -- Two cans of Plastidip
$02.50 -- 25x 5mm Red LEDS
$02.50 -- 25x 5mm Red LEDS

Last edited:
Sir its funny you say your car is a Decepticon, because My car's name is Tantrum and she is a 04 lincoln LS V8.......

I dident know that, I picked the name cause we all know our LS's like to have tantrum's from time to time so I named mine Tantrum for that reason. Than my boy I work with made me some decepticon stickers and the name stuck. Now i have legit Decepticon badges on my car not stickers.

Any chance of getting that one in white and purple instead of black and purple?Blemish is a triple changer, lincoln ls and a snow leopard. That would be perfect.

added rear surround picture. Also found out both of my rear license plate lights were burned out.

Before I purchased my LS my car was a 1996 Oldsmobile Aurora. I had got these for a lighting project with that vehicle. Red LEDs 25x 5mm and 25x 3mm. They are prewired for 12 vdc. My plan this time with them is for ambient lighting.
aurorastarfire009.jpg

Unfortunately the only thing I managed to get done with those is lit cupholder before the car was done.

got 4 bright white leds, will be installing them in the next few days in the license plate and front map lights.

I dont understand the brake lights on these cars. On my 03 the things mounted on the trunk are just reflectors not actual lights, but I know on the first gens theyre lights. So are the 04s+ also lights or what? Lights look nice btw

My '05 just has reflectors on the trunk. My best guess is maybe the flash from the camera is reflecting?

My '05 just has reflectors on the trunk. My best guess is maybe the flash from the camera is reflecting?

Hmm I would have thought the but the graininess of the photo led me to believe that it was not taken with a flash. And wouldnt the whole reflector light up?

Hmm I would have thought the but the graininess of the photo led me to believe that it was not taken with a flash. And wouldnt the whole reflector light up?

All '03+ are the same. The trunk lenses are just reflectors.

the picture was taken from my cellphone with the flash disabled. yes the cellphone's camera is horrible (LG Apex). I have not placed LEDs in the reverse lights yet.

Not done with the interior yet. I'm debating how many more red leds to do. I'm thinking i will do the rear overhead leds in red, the map lights in white, and add some red ambient lighting on the doors and shinning down on the shifter+dash.

My new passenger mirror is installed. When i have spare money an identical colored one will be purchased for the driver side.

20120324152919.jpg

20120324153133.jpg

As can be seen there is a difference in the lines and shape of the folding mirror.

Just got the overhead map lights done. Unfortunately I am out of white LEDs. However i do still have 2 more red 168/194 bulbs. I'm debating using those for the rear overheads

Yes the pictures are blurry/grainy. The camera i had doesn't do low light photos very well.

dscf1056gs.jpg

dscf1059b.jpg

aw man.. i was gonna do white/ blue but i decided not to, but looking at the white overheads, i would have done what you did, just with blue on the floor. ah well! looks good tho, you have a hefty to-do list.

Got the rear overhead lights in last night, pictures are coming.

A question in the front doors is the a 12 vdc wire that is only on when the car is running. I was thinking the mirror would have such a wire. I plan to tap a wire to get a 12 volt source for ambient lighting the doors.

Likewise does anyone know of a 12 dvc in the rear door and around the overhead console

rear1p.jpg

rear2y.jpg

Replaced both front struts/shock. The right side was completely collapsed. Though an unpopular choice here I used Monroe Sensa-Trac kit. This included a mounting kit. They feel fine to me. Also replaced the front sway links with Moog ones as they were bad. These two things have eliminated front end noise.

When money is more plentiful I will be replacing the rear strut/shocks and the sway links as well. Likely will do the same combination of Monroe/Moog.

Also corrected was a bad oil pan gasket.

The last thing that was found was a small leak in power steering system. Since it a very slow leak this one will wait to be fixed.

While digging through some boxes of old stuff i found small letters for multiple applications. The front fenders have now been labeled with the name of the car.

on the card (the AJ has not been used yet)
20120430221037.jpg

both front fenders
20120430224332.jpg

20120430223326.jpg

Speakers are coming slowly due to having to mod the Scosche SA68 mounts to fit my 6.5" 2way component speakers (5.75" cutouts, SA68 mounts are 5" cutouts). The tweeter mounting location is undecided yet. I might mount it braxial

example of braxial mounting (these are not the speakers i have. Wish i had a pair of CDT Audio, hell CDT Audio for all my speakers.)
imageMain_0_72.jpg

You really wanna drive around with blemish on your fenders??

Members online

No members online now.
Back