Buick's MKS Killer..?

captainalias

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Buick today unveiled their 2010 Lacrosse, which has been significantly redesigned to compete with larger cars, namely the MKS.

Exterior wise, I think it looks nice. A bit too Lexus-ish, but it looks good, on par with the MKS. Interior looks a bit cheap.

n terms of exterior design, the Lacrosse builds on the theme established by the Enclave crossover. Buick has relocated its signature portholes from the front fender to the hood — a seemingly more functional location. Most of the other details follow Buick’s latest design language, including the ‘waterfall’ grille and smooth sculpted surfaces.

The Invicta show car’s cabin was not toned down at all for production, which is great news considering interiors have been a weak point for GM up until recently. Similar to what we saw recently with the redesigned Chevrolet Equinox, the LaCrosse continues GM’s new twin-pod gauge design.

The 2010 LaCrosse will be offered in three models - CX, CXL and CXS. The CX will be equipped with a new 3.0-liter direct injection V6, premium cloth seats and 17-inch wheels. The engine generates an estimated 255 horsepower and 211 pound-feet of torque and is mated to a six-speed automatic.

The CXL variant is equipped with the same motor, but adds leather-appointed heated seats, dual-zone automatic climate control, fog lamps, outside rearview mirror with LED turn indicators and puddle lamps, and 18-inch wheels. AWD is available.

Lastly, the CXS comes with a more powerful 3.6-liter direct injection V6, real-time active-dampening suspension, perforated leather heated and cooled seats, and chrome-plated 18-inch wheels (19-inch optional). The motor, mated to a six-speed automatic, generates an estimated 280 horsepower and 261 pound-feet of torque.

However, kudos to Buick. The first awesome looking Buick sedan, IMO.

buick_3.jpg

buick_1.jpg

buick_2.jpg

Buicks make me :sleep:

Also, what's with this current trend of big bodies, high waist lines and resulting small windows? I hate that stuff. Makes visibility bad and adds a claustrophobic feeling.

Big bodies make the wheels look really small too, even if they are a reasonable size.

Guess I'll never buy a 'modern' car if this 'copy cat' bland mobile, FWD / FWD layout AWD V6 trend continues... / End rant! Lol.

Profile looks kind of like a MKS. Don't like the interior or back end at all. Front end looks OK, except for Buick's ugly griile.

Profile looks kind of like a MKS. Don't like the interior or back end at all. Front end looks OK, except for Buick's ugly griile.

I think both this Lacrosse and the MKS are shaped very much like the Lexus GS. Buick stole Lincoln's and Mercury's waterfall grille. :)

Make sure your kids have a PSP because they'll never be able see out of those back windows.

They definately used the MKS as a basis for the car. I remember seeing spy shots of GM testing those alongside a couple of MKS's.
While it is a step up for Buick I guess, I wouldn't say it is a MKS killer-
You have to buy a top of the line model to get more than 255 HP, a whopping estimated 280 HP. The top of the line MKS will have a rumored minimum of 350 HP, plus it has a THX stereo which is awesome and Sync, heated/cooled seats, Xenons, and most of these extra options are standard standard. The list could go on and on.
Granted I am not a fan of bigbody cars, or FWD, but for what these cars are the MKS is champion by far.

They definately used the MKS as a basis for the car. I remember seeing spy shots of GM testing those alongside a couple of MKS's.
While it is a step up for Buick I guess, I wouldn't say it is a MKS killer-
You have to buy a top of the line model to get more than 255 HP, a whopping estimated 280 HP. The top of the line MKS will have a rumored minimum of 350 HP, plus it has a THX stereo which is awesome and Sync, heated/cooled seats, Xenons, and most of these extra options are standard standard. The list could go on and on.
Granted I am not a fan of bigbody cars, or FWD, but for what these cars are the MKS is champion by far.

Don't forget heated/cooled seats for the rear passengers too in the MKS. :)

I agree, it's a big step up for Buick, but I still like the MKS more.

The only thing that looks MKS on it is the headlights and fog lights!

The rest is a half assed attempt at a LS 460.

Also, what's with this current trend of big bodies, high waist lines and resulting small windows? I hate that stuff. Makes visibility bad and adds a claustrophobic feeling.

Big bodies make the wheels look really small too, even if they are a reasonable size.

The traditional 3-box sedan is dead :(

The traditional 3-box sedan is dead :(

Almost. Hopefully though, like many fashions, they'll come full circle.

Jaguar still has a pretty (IMO) '3 box' Hope it continues... :)

Jaguar-Super_V8_2006_800x600_wallpa.gif

Disclaimer: Not comparing this expensive car to a Buick, just illustrating nice (IMO) styling that I'd like more future car designers to adopt and further evolve.

how long have they looked like that. O ya since the xj was was designed. they changed the interior. I guess you dont change a good thing. the buick looks like a MKS/Lexyota Cross. Its not too bad for a buick but still. Really resebles a Lincoln IMO. I wish the MKS had a V-8 with AWD. That would be cool., kinda curious on the ECOboost yet

Almost. Hopefully though, like many fashions, they'll come full circle.

Jaguar still has a pretty (IMO) '3 box' Hope it continues... :)

Jaguar-Super_V8_2006_800x600_wallpa.gif

Disclaimer: Not comparing this expensive car to a Buick, just illustrating nice (IMO) styling that I'd like more future car designers to adopt and further evolve.

Even more so pleasant of a fact is that the car in that pic has kept those same general body lines and looks for years!

Not like most companies today that bring back classics and make them the most hideous cars on earth when they were once the most beautiful. Oh yes, Im sure you guys now the exact company I am talking about that is so infamous for this,... right?;)

:Beer At least the Challenger looks pretty damn cool but they killed the Charger and IMO the 300.

Sweet...another Lexus-looking car.

Car's looks these days SUCK.

I remember when the Japanese cars use to copy the European or American Designs.. how times change..:confused:

:Beer At least the Challenger looks pretty damn cool but they killed the Charger and IMO the 300.

Thank you... I hate the look of the 300... had a post about this a few years back... I feel it looks like a Checker Cab...:cool:

I can kind of see the cab look. i always said that it looks armored and kinda could pull of the look of a tank with chrome and a HEMI. Just dont pull the short stick to sit in the back seat. Callenger is bad ass. Chargers look cool with light bars or SRT 8 on the grille

No way, they picked the wrong year to model it after. They should have stuck to the late 60's or early 70's look like they did with the Challenger.

I love the look of the Chargers up till I think 73-? 74-? with the more solid grille and surround. Any after that sucked! But you could be right.

Members online

Back