Brakelamp

postalUT

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I know this has probably been covered, but I just got a CHECK LEFT BRAKE LIGHT warning. I see the bulb in the bulbs list in the manual but there are two brake lamps listed. Also, it says to go to the dealer to get it replaced, but I think you'd have to be really desperate to pay that much for a bulb replacement. Anyone got directions/suggestions/part numbers?

hopefully the bulb just burned out and all you have to do is put in a new one. it's easy, just three clips in the trunk that hold the light in place. one's actually kind of annoying to get to but the other two are easy. shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

now...if the bulb melted into the tail light assembly as they have been known to do on early LS's... then you'll have to replace the whole tail light (like i'm doing right now). but hopefully its not that serious.

My rear right is blown too. The inner bolt is so damn long, serious pita... have yet to to change it.

Rather odd Lincoln wanted you to remove the whole assembly for this.

My rear right is blown too. The inner bolt is so damn long, serious pita... have yet to to change it.

Rather odd Lincoln wanted you to remove the whole assembly for this.

Not odd at all. This way they don't have to take the trouble the design tail lights that can be removed by customers easily and they can profit off the parts markup through the dealer networks

It took me all of 5 minutes to replace mine. Just make sure you have an etension on your ratchet to get the 1 nut off. I replaced all the bulbs on both sides. you can get bulb sizes from www.sylvania.com I don't know them off the top of my head

It took me all of 5 minutes to replace mine. Just make sure you have an etension on your ratchet to get the 1 nut off. I replaced all the bulbs on both sides.

+1. and don't even use the ratchet to tightenin the assembly back in to the body, just finger tighten it because those screws will strip out of the assembly

Members online

Back