Brake Warning Light

if it wasnt for us inbreeders you guys wouldnt have to pleasure of watching us on the jerry springer show and know that no matter how pathetic your lives can be that there is somone out there that is soo stupid and inbred that they will come on a show and admit they cheated on there cousin with their sister and that they all got pregnant but arent sure who or what the father is! long live the trailer park boys!

YOU DID WHAT TO MY SISTER!!

Thanks for all the info fellows. i really am greatful for all that was said.

the res is filled to the top. thats why i say it was fine. im not denying the tardation ive been told more then once ive smoked my self stupid. i was just wondering if the light might be tides to the abs system or something else.
and
The only thing connected to the red brake indicator is the brake fluid level switch, the parking brake switch, and the ignition switch,
on most fords its also used for the brake psi switch to indicate a hydraulic failure, you done your cruise recall yet trippen out....if not, remember fire bad go look to see if its buring right now
1. Get in and start car - light is on.

2. Check E brake is off and fluid is full

3. Unplug fluid sensor connector and bridge across it's 2 pins with thin wire - No change? Plug back in and move to E brake switch. Light went off? Problem with sensor / float.
he needs to drive it so remember to tape the jumper if you are just using a paper clip dont wanna blow the fuse and think the light it out. ive even seen one, not a mark, where the e brake connector was unplugged and when the customer stopped the wire would swing forward and make contact turning the light on

From the Ford manual:
The red BRAKE warning indicator will come on for only two reasons. If the brake fluid level in the master cylinder reservoir falls below the level which is determined by the set point of the fluid level switch (FLS), the BRAKE indicator will come on. Also, if the parking brake is applied, the BRAKE indicator will come on. The circuitry for this indicator is illustrated in the ABS wiring diagram.

The amber CHECK ANTI-LOCK BRAKE warning indicator will come on for numerous reasons. It warns the driver that the ABS and Traction Assist have been turned off due to a symptom that exists in the system. Normal power-assisted braking remains but the wheels can lock during a panic stop while the indicator is on. Certain procedures must be followed to find the fault in this situation. They are explained in this section.

wellll did you get it fixed?

Probably dumped 4 ounces of brake fluid into the res, that "appeared" to be full and wont come back and update the tread because it would make him look like the self perceived "tard" that he said he wasn't.....

*shruggs*

Gotcha, by the way , was it the Amber anit lock light or the brake light, i thought it was the red brake light, or else he just undid the e brake... *Doght, thats why i was getting :q:q:q:qty gas mileage*

Yes, definiately do the recall, fire and cars don't mix for some reason (though I'd like to give it a try some days with mine!)

I wasn't trying to correct you, sorry. Just trying putting the info Ford has up in hopes that it is right, but as we know it isn't always! So unless you lose enough fluid to trip the level sensor, I don't think the light will come on at all from my understanding of the manual (which could be wrong too.)
I'm also going by when I blew a brake line on my old VIII the first drive and the pedal went to the floor, but the light didn't come on till I pumped it a few times to try stopping the car...

Yes, definiately do the recall, fire and cars don't mix for some reason (though I'd like to give it a try some days with mine!)

I wasn't trying to correct you, sorry. Just trying putting the info Ford has up in hopes that it is right, but as we know it isn't always! So unless you lose enough fluid to trip the level sensor, I don't think the light will come on at all from my understanding of the manual (which could be wrong too.)
I'm also going by when I blew a brake line on my old VIII the first drive and the pedal went to the floor, but the light didn't come on till I pumped it a few times to try stopping the car...

oh no prob, i wasnt offended, and i agree fords info isnt always right, welcome to my own personal hell :mad:

Members online

No members online now.
Back