brake pedal

jbi1056

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok this is driving me crazy. My 97 mark was sitting for six months because of front suspension. I put on new air bags in the front. The rear caliper was frozen. I bought new one I change both rears. I bleed the system but the pedal keep going to the floor. I changed the master cylinder today and still same. Please help.

Check and make sure none of the caliper slides are stuck. If you have any brakes at all, find a safe place in the gravel and lock up the brakes to make the abs system work. If you activate the abs several times it will bleed the air out of the abs system itself. If you have no pedal at all, most likely you have a massive amount of air in the system or a leak as Chris said.

semi Hijack:
pretty soon I plan to do a hub swap which will be pretty simple: the new hubs are already on rear knuckles and front spindles from another Mark; I'll also put rebuilt factory calipers on the back and rebuilt Cobra calipers on the front and new hydraulic brake hoses on all 4 wheels...
I'm not yet real experienced with brake work; can I expect to have a similar situation as described in post #1?

So I shouldn't assume I'll need access to a power bleeder?
Now that I have my white Mark VIII roadworthy (DD) it will be nice to park the brown one in the garage and take my time with the hub swap/brake mod

brakes

Ok Guys it needed to be power bleed. It feels great thanks guys. Thanks GMAN

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back