Brake Overheating?

KD00LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone have problems with their brakes overheating when applied alot, or taking turns hard? I took a turn at 60 tonight and it sounded like the brakes were overheated because of the air-ish sound coming off of them. Could it be something else?

Well - I am hard hard on my brakes - third set of pads @ 40,000 miles. During an autocross day - I'll do 8 runs at are about 3mins each, hit about 65-75 top speed, on the brakes hard, 20 times a run.

When the car is stopped at the end, smoke coming from each wheel, the smell of burnt brake pads and the rims are so hot you can feel it walking by them.

the way you can tell if the pads are over heating is that they begin to fade - meaning they do not stop as well - they start falling off slowly, then, very much. On the stock pads by the end of my 8th run I would almost run over the flag man as the brakes were gone. Once cooled off - everything was back to normal.

ive had my pads and rotors replaced twice in 5000 miles, midas said the rotors needed to be replaced cause of how im stopping. now im still getting squeeking from them when i brake, they say theyre overheating but im not hard on them, im no longer alowed at midas due to them trying to scam me out of money to replace the rotors, and me going crazy about it. what can i do to stop the squeeking?

Members online

No members online now.
Back