Bodykit Installation? Pricey?

NickLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I want to get the LSE bodykit.. I was decided that or the Wings West kit. I just like the LSE look. Here's my question. I was watching "Pimp my ride" (I know, I'm 12 years old for watching it) but anyway.. there was a guy who bought a kit, but the installation was just as costly as the kit itself.

Anyone who has boughten an bodykit.. How $$$ would it be to install it? Of course I'll have to get it painted to match my car color.. But could it be something that I can install myself?

Is the any other kit other than the LSE or WW kit?

LBK_LS said:
I want to get the LSE bodykit.. I was decided that or the Wings West kit. I just like the LSE look. Here's my question. I was watching "Pimp my ride" (I know, I'm 12 years old for watching it) but anyway.. there was a guy who bought a kit, but the installation was just as costly as the kit itself.

Anyone who has boughten an bodykit.. How $$$ would it be to install it? Of course I'll have to get it painted to match my car color.. But could it be something that I can install myself?

Is the any other kit other than the LSE or WW kit?
There is a third option - Razzi - http://www.andysautosport.com/module.php?act=kp&line=Razzi%20227-200&cid=Li00LS&brand=Razzi

Once painted - the Wings West and Razzi kit are very easy to put on - mostly 2-way tape and a couple of screws.

The LSE body kit it a little more difficult since is replaces the entire front bumper - but it comes off like any other plastic piece.

I installed my LSE body kit myself. Took about 2.5 hours but a fairly straight forward job. I had my LSE kit painted for $300 but that was a buddy price from my painter. He said that normally it would run around $700-$1,000 depending color and prep work. I'd say you should be able to find someone to paint it for around $750.

As far as the costing so much to get it installed, only if you get a crappy kit (which the LSE is not) or are not motivated at all to try. I happened to see that episode too, and the kid had absolutely no idea what he was doing. As already pointed out the thing that will cost you is the paint. You should have no problems installing it yourself and you always have everyone here to help you if you get stuck.

The kit the kid on pimp my ride tried installing was also fiberglass, and fiberglass kits suck big time on the fitting. Unless its a high priced kit from a good shop, fiberglass will cost you more to get installed and to fit properly. I believe most of the kits for the LS are polyurethane so fitment and install is a lot less costly. Good luck!

dc

so i just bought a wings west kit from http://www.lskoncepts.com/home.asp... i have zero complaints. well except that christmas season has taken it forever to get here. however what i wanted to let u know was that the body shop i use read all about the kit from stuff i printed online. the imediate response was for tah price the kit is a must have. they told me that the kit was top quality and could be put on in one day. also that they would need the car for a few hours just to match factory paint. well tahts my 2 cents peace

mayo

mayo12080 said:
so i just bought a wings west kit from http://www.lskoncepts.com/home.asp... i have zero complaints. well except that christmas season has taken it forever to get here. however what i wanted to let u know was that the body shop i use read all about the kit from stuff i printed online. the imediate response was for tah price the kit is a must have. they told me that the kit was top quality and could be put on in one day. also that they would need the car for a few hours just to match factory paint. well tahts my 2 cents peace

mayo

Peter,

You're kit backordered with the rear valance. I called Wings West late last week and they were making the rear valance. They were suppose to ship it this week. Sorry it's taken so long but normally they have quick service.

You're right though other than the LSE kit the Wings West kit is extremely easy to install. It's polyurethane and is easy to work with. Those fiberglass kits are junk.

Members online

No members online now.
Back