BOC tune

warrioralumni08

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Another satisfied customer! Feels great to get a little more pep out of the car. All the shifting lag is gone and.the 1-2 has a nice little shift, nothing harsh. Cars screams at 6800 and I just love it! Have any of you guys messed with the shift pressure in the tune file or shift redline or any other options?

Glad to see that someones is working right. . . My car runs like ass. Nothing but trouble. Wont shift until almost 4k no matter how gentle I am, every shift is so hard that I hear a pop in the rear end, if it shifts into overdrive it gets confused and slams in and out of gear until I gas it enough for a downshift, heavy loping and almost stalling under deceleration, running so rich that the car was flooded enough that it sputtered so bad that it died on me when I hit a stoplight after a 30min freeway drive. I have tried to contact Lonnie via email, business phones, cell phones, and facebook since the 5th with no avail. Easy problem to fix i'm sure, but this customer service is absolutely horrible. Sadly, I am with the few that are disappointed and would not recommend BOC.

Yes. Contacts were shining. I have had a lot of experience with electronics and am sure this isnt the problem. Its great at WOT, but anything else... It sucks.

I'm sure its a simple fix. I just cant get ahold of anyone to get it fixed...

How do other peoples cars act with this tune? Shift points, running rich (rich enough to smell it when driving?), lopey downshifts, O/D problems, etc??

My tune is pretty nice. the only issue i have is fuel economy. im down to 13-14 mph. however i did order a performance tune.

I am not sure of the specs you provided for your s or if your cars are in good shape over all. but if your car runs semi pooish before the tune it will only magnify the problems after the tune. as for customer service. I emailed back and forth with them several times and did not have any issues at all.

hopefully those that have a bad tune will get it sorted out. the rest of us will continue to smile with the performance we have.

Trippen- I ordered one tune, and that was the n/a mild performance 93 tune. Car is bone stock, except the fact it has hollowed cats, 3rd resonator and 3rd muffler deleted, no mufflers, one glasspack. It doesn't sound as bad as you think. If I had a phone that had great recording sound quality worth a ****, I would show you. Anyhow, on the mileage, I could not tell you anything yet. Haven't taken a far enough trip to calculate it. Show be take a 220 mile round trip next weekend, so I will let you know then. If I remember correctly, the car got 23.5 or 24.5 mpg at 80mph before the tune and at 70mph I think 25 or 26mpg, but I could be wrong.

Sleeper- I am sorry to hear the issues you are having with your tune. Shouldn't be acting up that way at all. Stock? Gen 1 or 2? Did you make sure you filled out the spec sheet when you sent it to Lonnie? Try and scan for codes if you can, and see what comes up. I have and SCT SF3 so install was a breeze. Im sorry with your experience with Lonnie. You gotta have patience with him. It took me 16 business days to get my tune, but he tries to get them out within 10. It also states that sometimes turnaround time is 13-17 days or something like that if he can't within 10. Great guy to talk to, and he will talk your ear off if you want him to. As of right now, he actually doesn't have access to his business e-mail because of computer problems and it's been going on for about a week or two. He said he is very backed up on business and is trying his hardest to get things done. I think what it is, that most people don't know, is that Lonnie actually is a one man show,running his business, so kudos for him to that. He took a few days off also this week I believe, and am not sure if it's going to rollover to next week, but make sure your calling the right number. Leave a message if you have too or call back a couple times a day and he will answer, always did when I called.

I did finally get ahold of him over Facebook. Turns out all his emails are messed up along with his computer being wiped by geek squad. As for the voicemails, his answering machine is full and won't save any more. After my apologies for the way I approached the issue, he has been helping me with the problems. We think the issue is that the terminals are not cleaned properly. From what I have read online they say to clean until it is shining but not down to the copper. Lonnie says otherwise.. I will be trying to scrape the terminals down to copper on Saturday. Hopefully all goes well. He said he had a customer with the exact same problems a while back and it was an issue with the terminals. My car is a 1995 with 3.73 gears and exhaust. Engine and tranny run perfectly without the tune so that's not the issue. I'm hoping the issue lies in the contacts. Lonnie was very understanding of the problem once I got through to him. I didn't know about all the technical difficulties he has been having.

SleeperMark, see here if you have questions:

http://www.vmptuning.com/downloads/sct_product_instructions/SCT_6600_Switch_Chip_install.pdf

I used small (postage stamp sized) pieces of fine sandpaper for mine and used a q-tip with rubbing alcohol to periodically clean off the residue left behind from the sanding procedure. Make sure all of the terminals on your computer's J-port are free of the paste and solder that is applied from factory and look like shiny coppery piano keys on both sides. The solder if left behind on those contact points makes for a bulky connection in which one terminal on the computer could be potentially making contact with 2 terminals on your chip....thus no worky.

Thanks stormberg. I figured there was something like that out there somewhere. Any tips on getting the board out of the case? I was trying to get the back side clean with it in the case, I think that is were my problem is at since I couldn't get to it properly.

Members online

No members online now.
Back