BMW grill...

d-i-s-t-o-r-t-e-d

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one here that would think it would be pretty neat to have a bmw grill. I have always liked the grills on BMW's and I am pretty sure it would confuse alot of people to me the front end of the LS resembles the 5 series alot! But, that would be kind of neat to have a BMW grill on a LS I think. I would buy one if someone made one. Maybe it's just me though...:)

lol Guess, so.... I don't know it was just a random idea. I guess it would look kind of ricey but, it would look better then the ford focus front end. I always liked the 93-05 bmw grills with the split. But, to me I see alot of resemblance in the 5 series and the LS. Oh, well.

I wonder what the LS front end would look like on my M5??? ;)

actually I take that back, after looking at your galary. The M5 is an amazing car, but the 2nd Gen LSE front clip gets my vote. Do a swap lol, then you'd have the fastest LS around :D

prove it.....
you do know every bmw owner with half a brain will just think your trying to make your domestic car into a higher end german.

you still swore? You CTS owners have such german-evny....

I love the M5 - but number are numbers....

2002 M5 - 4023lbs, 394hp, 368ft-lbs.
Brock's and mine have posted numbers over that - I'm sure Robert's will as well.

you still swore? You CTS owners have such german-evny....

I love the M5 - but number are numbers....

2002 M5 - 4023lbs, 394hp, 368ft-lbs.
Brock's and mine have posted numbers over that - I'm sure Robert's will as well.

I have no German envy....if I did I can easily go out and get one. I buy American because that's how I was brought up. If it wasn't a CTS-V then I'd probably have an 03 or 04 Cobra or a Vette.

And I don't mean weight numbers. I mean track times..... no offense to you, I have a lot of respect for your knowledge of engine building, but you keep implying how fast your car is, telling everyone and showing burnout videos...but not actually proving it. If your car is faster then that's great, I'm happy for you...but words are just words unless they are proven, and I'm sure even you can respect that.

IB a 2002 M5 run in the low 13's at 106-ish....

When Brock, Rocket and myself post up some numbers - it will be better than that.

quik, didn't you put down somewhere in the ballpark of 375 RWHP?

with a 15% driveline loss... that's 431 SAE HP...

And ILLS is saying 400 RWHP is easy on his turbo...

That's 460 SAE HP

and the car is a couple of 100lbs lighter....

but to glanga's point - until I get the hookup right on the line and post numbers... we are just implying.... ;)

true... but on paper it looks pretty good for the LS!!!

Time to get that 8.8 in and line it up!!

Not a straight axle... 8.8 diff... I'm not sure exactly what his plans are as of now, but he'd tossed around the idea of trying to stuff the 8.8 internals into the factory 8". He may opt for the 8.8 center section swap now that it's already been done and appears to be semi easy in the Gen I's.

Once a limited slip is sitting in that center section, putting the power to the ground will be MUCH easier.

If anyone can build an LS to beat a Stock M5, my bet is on Quik. I did not jump into this thread to start a BMW/LS War. It was a bit of tongue and cheek for me to suggest an LS grille on the M5 in response to distorted.

Anyone who knows me from my first LS (2000) to my second LS (2003) to now know's how much anquish came from the decision to move on. I think my imagination of the LS grille on the M5 is the fact that I still lament to this day that Lincoln abandoned the LS and never built a Factory HIPO version to compete with the CTS-V and others (like the M5). I would still be driving one if they had. The reason I did not go Quik's route, is lack of tools/time/ability and the lack of warranty coverage. I applaud his achievement (and ILLS's turbo project as well). I keep coming here 7 months after I got my M5 to get my LS "fix" and also see how those two projects are coming....

exactly the same thoughts....

we 'have to' respond to the 'BMW with an LS grill' comment... that's our job!

not unlike a CTS owner coming over to the LS forums and talking smack ...

I responded the OP's question....somewhere in there Quik you decided to throw in ... "IB a 2002 M5 run in the low 13's at 106-ish....

When Brock, Rocket and myself post up some numbers - it will be better than that." And your first post in this thread had nothing to do with the OPs question. If you mistook the second sentence of my first post as directed towards you then I'm sorry, it was meant for the OP meaning that it would like he is trying to make his car look higher end.

So I just responded to that too. I'm not starting any war. All I am saying is you keep implying your car can beat a 400hp M5, CTS-V, etc..... well prove it already. If it can than I am more than happy for you...but I think I can speak for everyone when I say I want to see it. Not for the fact of proving anyone wrong or right, but to see that it can be done.

Are former LS owners being discouraged from posting in other forums now?

Relax – watching the other threads you seem to have this instigating style that makes some members react – it won’t with me. The internet is full of toughguy keyboarders - you dropped into the middle of a thread with your ‘prove it’ crap - you are not speaking for everyone, get over yourself.

I already posted – some of our LSes are putting down slightly higher HP numbers and with the weight being a tad lighter – we should be there….

And even said “but to glanga's point - until I get the hookup right on the line and post numbers... we are just implying....”

So relax.

Members online

No members online now.
Back