blues dispare and agony on me...Deep Dark

Jeffintampa

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Depression excessive misory, if it werent for bad luck I'd have not luck at allllllllllll. Blues dispar and agony on me.

anyone remember that song from Hee Haw? Well the reason why......

Battery was dead in Abe, lifted the hood and put a charger on it. Wife called and said come pick me up on the bike. Youngest Daughter (17) "Dad I need to take the car to work", "Ok Sis you will have to take the charger off" Me. Call @ 9:00pm "DAD THE HOOD FLEW UP" Busted off the lower two posts that hold the hood struts, ripped off the bottom of the hood were the little cables are attached (all fiberglass) Broke the windshield, and spider webed a inch or so of the top of the hood.

Has anyone ever replaced the litte studs that the lower hood struts clip on?

Get another hood.. I just looked at mine.. you'd need to remove the rivets from the upper shocks mount plate and then rip the hood in half , removed the plate, replace plate and then fiberglass the hood back together plus repair the cables mount area... far cheaper to just get another hood and paint it. I just replaced a windshield in a 95 -$155

Getting a JY hood yourself will be about $50-$60 depending on the yard.. then paint

Or just replace the glass and use a stick for the hood... lol

Can you hacksaw off the studs from a junkyard car and have someone weld them on yours? I'm not looking at my car right now so I'm not sure how they are attached.

Oh, and it's actually gloom, despair and agony on me.

i just threw a perfectly good 1st gen hood in the dumpster at my old shop. Matt moved out and the stuff i still had in there went to rich, but i threw a hood away. it may still be there you can go look!

Members online

Back