Blower motor not working...

shagdrum

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
As the title says, the blower motor in my 1996 Mark is not working. I put 12 volts directly to it and it started right up. It is also not the typical wire harness issues (I have had that issue before and fixed it by lengthening the wiring harness; wiggling the harness does nothing).

Any idea what could be causing this?

check to see if there is any power at the plug. if not, check for a blown, loose, bad fuse. if not, start checking the wiring harness. possibly try a different eatc unit.

Thanks for the help!

I've checked fuses and they seem fine. What about the unit the wiring harness from the blower motor connects to? Are those known to ever go out?

The EATC Module (the thing under the stereo that controls the Air Temp) yes can go bad, is why was suggested to check voltage at the plug.. then check fuse...then replace it

Most likely the blower motor control module is bad. They go bad on Gen 2's quite often. Not so much on 1st gen's but they do still go bad.

As far as the EATC module or the blower control module, do all years work with a 1996 Mark?

As far as the blower motor control module goes, any year will work. As for the EATC, it has to be 93-96 or one out of various year Conti's or other Ford products. 2nd Gen won't work. The control module is the little back box next to the blower motor. With the key on, and blower set on high twist the box around a little and see if the blower motor starts working.

Ok, FINALLY got around to pulling the part (have been very busy) and it is the electronic "brain" connected to the blower motor that is the problem.

Here is the part number: f5lf-19e624-ac.

Where would I find what other Ford's have this part?

Members online

No members online now.
Back