Blow It Out Your Tail Pipes

MARKED MAN

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
is there anyone who sells pre-fabbed tail pipes for the Mark 7 with the look of the mustang tail pipes, or is the only way to ACHIEVE THAT LOOK IS TO have them cut and bent to fit at the muffler shop. like these

tailpipes.jpg

Yeah, what you see there is a custom job for SVP.
I'm not sure if the 85-93 mustang, LX pipes are long enough but you could probably use most of it and have it attached. There's a ton of Mustang pipe kits avail.
And you should cut out a piece and weld up the spare tire well at the bottom, drivers side, otherwise they'll have to put a crazy bend to go around it for that side. When I had mine done the guy did it with 2 1/2 inch tubing..he was quite the pipe wizard! But I'll definately be cuting that out for my newer mod-rod ;)

MARKED MAN said:
is there anyone who sells pre-fabbed tail pipes for the Mark 7 with the look of the mustang tail pipes, or is the only way to ACHIEVE THAT LOOK IS TO have them cut and bent to fit at the muffler shop. like these
Most of us started with a two or two point five Mustang exhaust and then streched it to fit the Mark. Here's what a custome shop did for me in 2.5 inch tubing.
Click to enlarge.

Is that driver side pipe a bit more to center than the other side?
I don't see how they'd avoid the bend since it looks like you still have the spare tire compartment. .. maybe me eyes are playin tricks..

Awesund said:
Is that driver side pipe a bit more to center than the other side?
I don't see how they'd avoid the bend since it looks like you still have the spare tire compartment. .. maybe me eyes are playin tricks..
No tricks at all.

My install was a bit BASTARDIZED due to the fact that I requested 2.5 inch tubes and requested that they start with a Mustang kit and the fact that I drive a Sporting Coupe that was designed for comfort and luxury more so than increased exhaust. A true custom install would have had about six to ten welds intead of the sixteen to twenty or so that you see here.

Lastly, you have to see the entire install AND understand the underside of a Mark VII with stock suspension and stock fuel tank to understand why things are askew.

Please see: http://www.lscclub.org/cars/oldschool2/

oldschool2046.jpg

Well, Damn...they could've given you a little bend there, to line up with the other side. ;) What's the matter with them? lol

I looked at your pics... Nice!
Hey I like the older exhaust you had. With the flex pipping and exhaust clamps.. heheh. :joke

I see you have the Hot-Air intake system. =P (metal pipes for intake) A pro shop told me that they loose a bit of HP from the heat generated from the metal. But I seriously doubt it's that much. So I went with the Morosso set up which is a poly material for tubing.

Cheers mate! Glad to be amongst other crazy Mark fans!
Mike

Awesund said:
Well, Damn...they could've given you a little bend there, to line up with the other side. ;) What's the matter with them? lol
Yeah hehehe
Our gas tanks are a MOTHER! I dig being able to drive for like three or four hundred highway miles. 22.3 gallons is a lot of fuel. This is why I say that a 2.5 Mustang tail is NOT a bolt up item :)
Awesund said:
I looked at your pics... Nice!
Hey I like the older exhaust you had. With the flex pipping and exhaust clamps.. heheh. :joke
OMG! Where thoses pictures still on the web?!?! :) below is my $100.00 exhaust job from like 1998 or so.
oldschool2032.jpg

Awesund said:
I see you have the Hot-Air intake system. =P (metal pipes for intake) A pro shop told me that they loose a bit of HP from the heat generated from the metal. But I seriously doubt it's that much. So I went with the Morosso set up which is a poly material for tubing.
yeah yeah. Every manufacturer has their own spin on their own products and even greater spin on the (perceived) short commings of their compeditors. I'm old enough (and ballsy enough) to say that I've got this intake because it fits my 65mm throttle body and mostly because ... it looks cool :cool:
Awesund said:
Cheers mate! Glad to be amongst other crazy Mark fans!
Mike
Welcome Mike and let's get something straight ... I'm not a fan. I'm a full blown lunatic thank you!
5marksoutfront.jpg

2.5 exhaust is really no big deal on these cars. 2.5 inch pipes with 3.5 tips is a different story...say hello to Mr hammer drill...Mr hammer drill, meet the spare tire well :D;)

Damn, John... what do the nieghbors think? ;)
That's a nice selection you've there. Gee, I only have 2. =[ lol.

Yeah, ya know the funny thing about the Spare tire compartment is that they didn't even use it on the 85's. The spare tire on mine was mounted flat on the upper deck behind the back seat.

I need this last post, so I can put up some pics.. ;)

NYC LSC said:
2.5 exhaust is really no big deal on these cars. 2.5 inch pipes with 3.5 tips is a different story...say hello to Mr hammer drill...Mr hammer drill, meet the spare tire well :D;)

I transfered the rear T-Bird suspension this weekend so I snaped this pick of driver side exhaust kink they did for me in 2 1/2" pipes.

Then I discovered something else... (New thread).

DriverSide TailPipe1-1.jpg

That's pretty beat, man. :( Mine's all 2.5", over the axle and everything and there's no kinks anywhere.

NYC LSC said:
That's pretty beat, man. :( Mine's all 2.5", over the axle and everything and there's no kinks anywhere.

lol. . then, I'm just more "kinky" than you are.

Now.. . . :give

Members online

No members online now.
Back