Blend door woes...

austin26372

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Got the dash out! Got the new actuator in! Don't have part 19A600! :mad:

I work for a Ford dealer, so I eagerly hopped over to the parts desk only to find out that this part is not available at any dealer in North America. :eek:

So - anybody have rough dimensions for this piece?

See diagram below for part location.

blend_door_parts_dia.jpg

A,

If you got a new Blend Door Motor , you have an incomplete Part ! All of the New Blend Door Motors that I have seen came with the Arm you want ! Order another Blend Door Motor ! I know of someone that found one in the last month ! Try Max !

Good Luck,
Sonny

correct, the arm is part of the assembly it comes as one, so if yours is missing, you got shafted.

He's talking about the steel arm, not the blend door arm.

OP, Where did yours go?

If you can get ahold of some 1/8" X 3/8" steel bar, you can make one fairly easily.

link.gif

The most critical measurement is the distance between the holes. Like the drawing says, you want the distance between the outer edges of the holes to be close to 5-5/8". As long as you are accurate when laying out the centerpoints and use a 13/64" drill bit, you should be good. Layout and drill the holes first, then just round off the ends of the bar with a file or grinder. Overall length isn't nearly as important.

The OEM part doesn't have the slot, but you should add one because the lack of one is what causes the arms to break in the first place. Ford screwed up the geometry between the two plastic arms, and made the holes in the metal link too far apart which causes extreme stress on the arms when in full heat mode. Adding the slot relieves the stress. It doesn't have to be exact, just as long as you make it about twice the diameter of the hole. You can either use a rat tail file to slot the hole or you can try drilling two holes side by side and filing out the excess. Chamfer the holes slightly so there aren't any sharp edges to cut into the plastic arms.

When installing, the slot goes on the gray arm, not the black arm.

Thanks for that Marcus - I plan on making the piece tomorrow at work.

DLF - funny story. When I bought the car, the aforementioned part was sitting in the driver's side door map pocket. I had no clue what it was and ended up throwing it away. I kicked myself when I found this out!

Got the part made... it almost seemed that it was too thick at 1/8". Seems something is off - the door won't move to full cold, but gets close.

But I have heat now! :D

Members online

Back