Bleeding Coolant Fluid (hot LS)

girty

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok people i had a thread going about my problems with my LS over heating. Ok I'm still having trouble with the Lincoln LS its still overheating!! I'm gonna take the stat out and try to run it that way until i can figure whats going on with the LS .. I bought a new stat and thought maybe that would fix the problem. I followed the tech write up to a "T", the only thing that i couldn't do was get the plug for the bleed process to complete. i turned the heater on at full blast and it got hot(heater) and the heater bleed did produce some fluid.. does the engine air bleed plug come all the way out are do you turn it half turn? when i try to turn it to come all the way out it doesn't.. HELP ME with the hot LS!!!!!!! and the old stat looked like it was still in good shape. it didn't stick when i pushed on it. does the LS have a water pump? could this be the problem? I'm leaning to the engine bleeding plug..not coming all the way out, like i said it just turns. so if someone knows if it supposed to come all the ay out please let me know

070709051138.jpg

070709051208.jpg

070709051256.jpg

The bleeder valve is a cheap little screw that is in threaded rubber - so it can strip easily. Try squeezing the outside of the rubber coller and pull out on the screw cap as you turn it out.

no go it keeps spinning. but when i take the hose out from that part it does leak fluid..I also noticed that i don't get that much coolant fluid from the heater bleed valve..I don't have the stat in at this time.. gonna change the water thats in it to coolant fluid just as soon as i can get to the auto store...how much does the radiator hold 1 gallon or 2 ??

A 1 gallon jug of coolant.

The bleeder valve is at the 'top' of the cooling system - where all the air should gather up and then be pushed out by the cooling once the system is properly blead.

Members online

No members online now.
Back