Blast from the past!

112 LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Digging around today and found the old McLaren grill! could have swore I sold in on ebay years ago, can't wait to put it back on the old girl.

IMG_20141007_204623898.jpg

IMG_20141007_204623898.jpg

LOL, don't tell him how much the last one on eBay fetched! He won't believe it anyhow!

I have loads and loads of LS parts. I once bought an LS with a blown engine just for the engine harness. I bubble wrapped this and forgot about it...

how much are they worth these days????

see one up there for $200

how much are they worth these days????

$37... and I'll even do you a favor and take it off your hands for $45...

seriously, the last couple ive seen on ebay have gone any where from a little over $200 to the mid three's

lmao what a swell guy!

Hmm.. I'm sure there are plastic mold ppl in china who can reproduce this for us...

I'm sure it would be easier to get a plastic mold from here...

or just but the metal mesh and make your own.

honestly, I've never before really liked how the mclaren looked. and I've always loved the LSE grille but I'm thinking about going with the whole stealth bomber look and the chrome isn't going to cut it. and seeing Mr. Starks pictures in the pic thread, really has me reconsidering my whole outlook on sh!t

what a beauty. anyone know whats the bottom grill called or part number or even where i can get a different one?
im not talking about the top grille whats shown in this thread but the one lower that between the fog lights

well there reall isnt one...

there are some cheap stamped stainless lower grilles that can be screwed over the original one that can be found all over ebay...

as for matching the McLaren, you can just buy a sheet of the material and mount it over the grille you already have (or cut the original out if you're really feeling froggy)

I have been lookin for plastic sheets with the same hole pattern as the McLaren and I cant find the exact size hole with the same spacing in staggered rows.

How about elongated honeycomb like most S197 Mustangs, Vic PIs, or the Focus ST? I can find elongated honeycomb sheets, and I can find actual honeycomb sheets (constructed cells, not hexagons cut out of flat sheets), but not both at the same time.

if your willing to sell the grill I'm willing to pick it up off your hands. i just realized your in ny and so am i...

Bklene sold his on EBay for $350.:rolleyes: I could not believe it. The last twenty minutes of the auction, it went from $75 to $350. It was crazy.

Pretty sure it sold for $380, at least that's what I saw.
Glad I got mine for $175

wow so check this out.. this f'n grill lol

I recently bought a cabin style house in northern NJ, so happy to have a place to keep all the spare LS parts I've accumulated over the years. I had previously kept it all scattered in family garages and in my tiny basement in Queens. So I rent a 10ft uhaul, it was just big enough to fit all the junk and my dirtbikes!

so I'm grabbing the extra mirrors, fenders, alternators pumps and pulleys etc and chucking it in back. But when it came time to pack the grill I kept it up front with me lol, right up on the big dashboard out of the way. well I wound up forgetting it up there, I don't know how it didn't see it cleaning the truck up. guess it was tucked under the windshield so far down there I just missed it.

when it came time to unpack all the boxes, after already returning the truck, I noticed the grill was missing. At first I figured it was in the house somewhere amongst all the junk we brought in, but it never turned up! I called the uhaul place back and the gentlemen who I returned the truck to answered, nice guy, walked over to the truck with me on the phone and searched around. looked up front, looked in the back, told me there was nothing and apologized.

At this point I'm questioning myself if I even packed the darn thing, or if someone already swiped it out of the truck. I assumed the latter and went about the rest of the snowy week with the occasional sad remembrance that my precious was gone :(

Eventually it kinda hit me that it was silly I was fretting over a piece of plastic. Yeah it might be worth some coin to some, but still just plastic. I started to laugh at how the things you own, sometimes wind up owing you. I'm so far from being a materialistic person, totally other end of the spectrum actually. But there a couple things I own that I hold dear and this damn car and pretty plastic grille are some of them :)

Well I got to work today and there was a voicemail from the uhaul guy, he checked the wrong truck! They wound up finding the grill and I'm picking it up this weekend :cool:

haha i was gonna say 'uhh did you check the front end of the ls? cant find it cause ya already installed it?'

Members online

No members online now.
Back