best place

Used 3:27's would be real cheap since they are not desired as much as say 4:10's. As as they don't make any noise they should be fine. You at least know they were factory set. The down side is used gears can be a little trickier to set-up..

I will give you my old 3.27's, just pay shipping.

But you have 3.27s in your car already? Are you looking for a different pumpkin to rebuild? I think I might have misunderstood you. If you go to a JY and get a whole 3.27 carrier, you can build it with the current gears and throw the TL in it, and swap the whole pumpkin in as an assembly.

Dan i have the pumpkin out, i am just worried if my gears are good, they look good but i know that the pinion nut was loose that can not be good on the gears.

How loose we talking on the pinion nut? The most important thing is if the gears were quiet, then they should be fine. Once they start making noise, it is pretty much impossible to get them to quiet down. If you had no problems before the removal, I'd just use what you have.

pics all dun in 3.5 hours

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

How does the wear pattern on the gears look? If it looks centered on the ring gear and smooth, no pitting, then I would reuse them. Not trying to condescend, but you do know how to properly build a rear end right? Just another one of those things that takes special tools and some experience to get right the first time.

If you just want 3.27 gears again, pick up a center unit from a T-bird, they bolt right in with 3.27s and have a traction lock as a bonus... ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back