Best oil to use

DKGator

LVC Member
Reaction score
What is the best oil to use to preserve the engine life and also to realize a jump in mpg? Regular vs synthetic? I've got an 06 LS with 32K and want to make sure it stays that way.

What is the best oil to use to preserve the engine life and also to realize a jump in mpg? Regular vs synthetic? I've got an 06 LS with 32K and want to make sure it stays that way.

I think everyone here uses Mobil 1

<snarky comment>There is a 3000 rpm rev limit. That is why the car acts that way. Also, the battery is in the trunk.</snarky comment>

Try the search to fine many threads on this subject. The short and sweet is that many people including me like full synthetics. Mobil1 seems to be a favorite.

just use synthetic...royal purple 5w30, mobile 1 5w30, redline 5w30, valvoline 5w30, shell 5w30. full synthetics. and try to do them every 3 months or 3000 miles. dont b cheap. take a look at the official guide at the top of the forum for tips on maintenance and stuff you are going to have to do. also...being that u asked that question it seems you aren't the most knowledgeable person. try searching as this forum has been opened since i believe 04 or earlier, and many topics have been covered. if the search doesnt work here. try using google advanced search on lincolnvscadillac. if all else fails then you can post, which you will probably do anyway. r u new? f*ck you...

Mobil 1 vs RP

Oil SAE Power (HP) SAE Torque (Lb-Ft)
Mobil 1® 344.5 358.0
Royal Purple 348.3 362.8
Total Gains 3.8 4.8
saw this on a corvette site.?

just use synthetic...royal purple 5w30, mobile 1 5w30, redline 5w30, valvoline 5w30, shell 5w30. full synthetics. and try to do them every 3 months or 3000 miles. dont b cheap. take a look at the official guide at the top of the forum for tips on maintenance and stuff you are going to have to do. also...being that u asked that question it seems you aren't the most knowledgeable person. try searching as this forum has been opened since i believe 04 or earlier, and many topics have been covered. if the search doesnt work here. try using google advanced search on lincolnvscadillac. if all else fails then you can post, which you will probably do anyway. r u new? f*ck you...
Yes u r

Slowly but surely, the only members still visting will be the ones who just want to bash another member. Yes I understand that they need to learn how to use the search feature, but they will only learn if asked to use these type of features. But if you go on and tell to f--- y--, then why do I need to be here for. If you want to answer the question then do so, if you don't then don't. If you say there is a search feature that will open all the discussion about using Syn vs Reg oil, then ask that they use that. And then mention that I use Castrol Syntec 5-20w, with a Motorcraft oil filter.

I'm at 150K. I just use regular 5w30. It's way too late to switch to synthetic for me.

I probably go 4000 between oil changes because I just keep forgetting.

He has an 06. The manual calls for 5W-20 only in the gen II. (0w-20 can of course be used). 5w-30 would void the engine warranty (if still in it), and has a chance of messing up the variable valve timing. It uses oil as hydraulic fluid, and so the weight is even more important.
Warranty also requires at least semi-synthetic, but like many others here, I use full synthetic. I change it when the monitor says to. The book says that it takes 6.5 quarts, but I just go ahead and put in seven each time. That doesn't seem to put it past the full mark anyway.

No oil will make it stay at 32k ;):D

Probably not, but some might keep it from getting past 33K miles.

-0r-

Did you mean that running with no oil in the crankcase would keep the engine from making it past 32K miles?

Slowly but surely, the only members still visting will be the ones who just want to bash another member. Yes I understand that they need to learn how to use the search feature, but they will only learn if asked to use these type of features. But if you go on and tell to f--- y--, then why do I need to be here for. If you want to answer the question then do so, if you don't then don't. If you say there is a search feature that will open all the discussion about using Syn vs Reg oil, then ask that they use that. And then mention that I use Castrol Syntec 5-20w, with a Motorcraft oil filter.

well see here mr. leo....if you read my post...looks like i pretty much answered his question...only ones complaining are the ones with soft little p*ssy lips where there d*cks are supposed to be...in this case... you....i never done anything without asking some research first...then if all else fails, i will post a question or maybe ask in the real world, as this is not the only place to get general car advice. seein as dkgator should have a competent friend out in the real non-internet world, it amazes me that he would not know whether to use synthetic or non synthetic on a complicated 3.9 jaguar aj high compression v8 with a 2 stage valve timing system. i dunno but...sounds like he shud use synthetic for sure? now im not gonna get into the whole issue on synthetic vs non synthetic, cuz thats been argued over n over since its inception....either way....f*ck you... and may i ask y u wud sue castrol as opposed to just using it....

-0r-

Did you mean that running with no oil in the crankcase would keep the engine from making it past 32K miles?

it was a joke, as he is implying that it wont ever stay at 32k, cuz he's gonna be driving it?

I have used 5w30 in my 2002 V8 since I bought it with 30K mile now have 165K and never had any engine problems.

oh yea leo....my point was that if it was a lincoln ls specific question then yea...post up...but it wasn't even that, its like some of the people that would post if the f*ckin grille would fit or what gas to use....or what kind of windshield wipers to get...they r all general common sense questions that people should try o find out on there own and not get spoonfed...do you think quik ls or missing linc asked a step by step guide from someone to get the ls boosted or blown (dont even try to make a joke out of that)? no they just went ahead and did it and took a chance...you f*cktard...

I have used 5w30 in my 2002 V8 since I bought it with 30K mile now have 165K and never had any engine problems.

Your 2002 does not have variable valve timing either, so what is your point?

I use Royal Purple, 5W-20 (as per the Owners manual), a K&N oil filter and change the oil every 10K miles; or two cycles of the oil change warning message. As my wife drives her LS very little, I change that oil every message. They are both '06s, BTW.

On my daughter's LS I changed the oil every 10K miles (with RP) for the 155K miles since the dealer freebies expired. As she doesn't drive much either I change her LSes oil when I change my wife's. So far that's about once a year. I would only use this regime with a fully synthetic oil. Remember the early days of Mobil1's claims of once a year or 25K mile oil changes?

I used Royal Purple the first three years and now I'm using Amsoil 0W-30 with Wix filter.

-0r-

LOL, nice play on words, Joe. I can dig it :D:Beer

i've been using the motorcraft 5w20 synthetic blend as well w/ bosch filters.

Staff online

Members online

Back