best atomizing injector type

revolutionaryconcepts

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
whats the difference between the ev6 & ev14 fuel injectors, other than casing? do the ev14's atomize better or respond quicker or what

why doesnt that suprise me, im thinking about swapping to the ev6 style seeing as how there is insane amounts of aftermarket sizing etc, If im thinking correctly the ev6 style nozzle actually sits lower in comparision to the seal anyway putting it further down into the intake path, I did this swap on a zx2 up north that was being set up for scca, it had ev8 style tho but the difference in height in comparison to the air flow made quite a difference in torque, I need to compair an ev6 to the retarted ev14's in the gen 2's

to be honest I never put them side by side in an injection rig to physically watch, however visably looking at the end of them side by side both had 4 spray ports, but the ev6 style seems to be at a larger angle, they were slightly wider apart so im assuming they would have a different spray pattern but I cant say for sure, if they did that might actually cause problems in this particular application, I would like to compair an ev6, and ev14 injector in a spray rig

so you working on this for the LS? and these throttle bodys you told me about... they just stock ported ones?

why doesnt that suprise me, im thinking about swapping to the ev6 style seeing as how there is insane amounts of aftermarket sizing etc, If im thinking correctly the ev6 style nozzle actually sits lower in comparision to the seal

I need to compair an ev6 to the retarted ev14's in the gen 2's

If I recall correctly the stocker EV14 nozzle doesn't sit any lower than the EV6. This is just based off of memory from the few times I swapped the EV14 injectors but I am pretty sure there will be little to no difference there.

I would have to say your correct ill, I spend like 4 hours online looking at information on injector types, pretty much the siemens/bosch ev14 fuel injector is the latest & greatest as far as split spraying & atomization for 4v engines with the ev6/bosch type III shortly behind, I actually see a loss by getting rid of the ev14's for ev6's due to the spray pattern differences unless of course you dont have a choice & are Forced, im still after a balanced set of ev14's tho, best reports from siemens & bosch show'd a 8-10% difference in manufacturing, which is better than most but still not good on a balanced v8 hammering at 7k

they are factory ported throttle bodys w/o the electronics, they must be transfered over, but its not a big deal, I picked up about 3whp when I did mine, but thats with a stock intake system as well combine it with a good cai and your talkin

total length
ev14 "medium" = 65.9mm
ev6 = 74.7mm

Injector nozzle end to top of lower o-ring
ev14= 11.45mm
ev6 = 8mm
aprox 3.5 mm lower

so I stand corrected the ev14 injectors sit lower into the intake stream then the ev6

total length
ev14 "medium" = 65.9mm
ev6 = 74.7mm

Injector nozzle end to top of lower o-ring
ev14= 11.45mm
ev6 = 8mm
aprox 3.5 mm lower

so I stand corrected the ev14 injectors sit lower into the intake stream then the ev6

All of this stuff still will not matter much in the grand scheme of things. Running an EV14 or EV6 injector will not matter much from a performance standpoint. They both atomize well enough that neither one is going to report any big difference in power or MPG than the other.

Unless you are trying to accomplish something that I am just completely missing then I think you are spending more effort than needed there. Your efforts might be better invested elsewhere.

lol im a complete lunatic ill, my efforts could probably always be invested better elsewhere but this is the kind of stuff that plagues my brain all day long, besides I beg to differ, an injector that has a distinct v spray pattern will atomize much better in an 4v engine than one with a standard uniform cone, due to the fact that its not being sprayed directly into the aluminum head, now would it make a noticable difference in a stock engine? No, well at least not likley, but I tend to obsess on making engines more specifically 4 valve engines run balanced, I built a 2.0l ztec in a 99 zx2 s/r for a friend of mine a few years ago that spun to 9.6k rpm, and trust me injector type, spray pattern, flow balance, and injection timing made a world of difference on that engine, matter of fact, once we got the right set of them in, we adjusted the cams and went from 8200 up to the 9600 peak, no big deal on our cars tho its more or less a hobby of mine, I think there is a lot of room for improvement with the finer things on these engines, after all its a ford.. they purposly de-tune everything anyway so who knows

lol im a complete lunatic ill, my efforts could probably always be invested better elsewhere but this is the kind of stuff that plagues my brain all day long, besides I beg to differ, an injector that has a distinct v spray pattern will atomize much better in an 4v engine than one with a standard uniform cone, due to the fact that its not being sprayed directly into the aluminum head, now would it make a noticable difference in a stock engine? No, well at least not likley, but I tend to obsess on making engines more specifically 4 valve engines run balanced, I built a 2.0l ztec in a 99 zx2 s/r for a friend of mine a few years ago that spun to 9.6k rpm, and trust me injector type, spray pattern, flow balance, and injection timing made a world of difference on that engine, matter of fact, once we got the right set of them in, we adjusted the cams and went from 8200 up to the 9600 peak, no big deal on our cars tho its more or less a hobby of mine, I think there is a lot of room for improvement with the finer things on these engines, after all its a ford.. they purposly de-tune everything anyway so who knows

It is not going to make a huge difference period. I have tested many different sets of modern injectors on many cars while tuning them. The mods on the cars ranged from bolt ons to blown and sprayed. The injector spray pattern didn't make a huge difference whatsoever. Now that is assuming you are using modern injectors and not old fella's from the days where TB injection was first popular. The injector is supposed to spray on a closed valve anyways which is hot as hell and will vaporize the fuel charge further than atomizing it. Your ability to turn that zx2's engine higher in the rpm's had more to do flow balance, injection timing and any upgraded hard parts versus the spray pattern. As I said before the spray pattern in pretty much any modern SEFI vehicle will see no large gains when compared to another of similar poundage. Flow balance and injection timing have little in common with spray pattern. If you want to spend your time trying to get perfect flow matched and pattern matched injectors then go right ahead but I am willing to bet that you will not see any real appreciable power difference or mileage difference because of it. If you really intend to make parts for the LS for other people it might be recommended to start with the items that are less available, will yield bigger gains proportionally to the work involved, and with less money invested too. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

lol for what its worth thanks ill, I appreciate you apeasing my interest for a few, and I already have quite a few things available, im not going to do force induction systems you and quick have those locked, the things I make are bolt ons, ill be it effective but still bolt ons, im working right now with my machine shop trying to find an alloy good enough to make lightened damb buckets lol that wont cost 1k's of dollars

Members online

Back