Bent Pulley

anthonyspare

LVC Member
Reaction score
So I went to O' Reilly's to get some belt dressing to fix this annoying chirp. The worker there was looking at my belt while I was spraying the dressing on and he said it looks like I have a bent power steering pulley from the belt movement in that certain area. I just had my power steering pressure line replaced, and now I have this problem. Can the pulley itself be replaced, (i don't really have a clear understanding of how it is all assembled together) or am I going to have to purchase the whole pump assembly? BTW the dressing helped none.

joegr

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Not to tell you I told you so, but...

Normally, the pulleys are replaceable, but a quick glance at the service manual doesn't give any indication that this one is.

anthonyspare

LVC Member
Reaction score
Yes hahaha you did tell me so. Any suggestions on where to get the parts. A local mechanic told me that I needed the pump replaced and belt replaced and he would do it for $500. Is this a good deal?

joegr

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Yes hahaha you did tell me so. Any suggestions on where to get the parts. A local mechanic told me that I needed the pump replaced and belt replaced and he would do it for $500. Is this a good deal?

I think that he's right about needing to replace the pump and the belt. I don't know if $500 is good or not. If it's a new OEM pump, that's probably a good total price.

Members online