Bent Pulley

anthonyspare

LVC Member
Reaction score
So I went to O' Reilly's to get some belt dressing to fix this annoying chirp. The worker there was looking at my belt while I was spraying the dressing on and he said it looks like I have a bent power steering pulley from the belt movement in that certain area. I just had my power steering pressure line replaced, and now I have this problem. Can the pulley itself be replaced, (i don't really have a clear understanding of how it is all assembled together) or am I going to have to purchase the whole pump assembly? BTW the dressing helped none.

Not to tell you I told you so, but...

Normally, the pulleys are replaceable, but a quick glance at the service manual doesn't give any indication that this one is.

Yes hahaha you did tell me so. Any suggestions on where to get the parts. A local mechanic told me that I needed the pump replaced and belt replaced and he would do it for $500. Is this a good deal?

Yes hahaha you did tell me so. Any suggestions on where to get the parts. A local mechanic told me that I needed the pump replaced and belt replaced and he would do it for $500. Is this a good deal?

I think that he's right about needing to replace the pump and the belt. I don't know if $500 is good or not. If it's a new OEM pump, that's probably a good total price.

Members online

No members online now.
Back