Beautiful 2005 Lincoln LS up for grabs

Yes. Every time I back into a parking place, the garage or leave a parking spot (when I pull in forward). It is EXTREMELY beneficial when parked between two SUVs or pick-ups. I don't know how many times it's warned me of people I couldn't see because of these large, tall vehicles.

This. A million times this.

The feature is a bumper saver. Combine it with a backup camera, straight money.

I also love the speed sensitivity. It beeps sooner and quicker the faster you are backing-up.

They come in handy at night if you ever plan on tinting your windows too.

I also love the speed sensitivity. It beeps sooner and quicker the faster you are backing-up.

Really?? Hm, mine only beep faster the closer I get to an object without regard to speed.

I hate seeing the price of LS's now. Thinking about the sticker price when I got mine in 06...

They've had this listed for a long time, usually at $9,995. I talked to them on the phone and considered buying it but decided I had to have the '06.

Also tried to buy this one but they wouldn't budge on the price at all. http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...pe=d&searchRadius=0&listingId=327939418&Log=0 Plus he couldn't tell me whether or not it had HID's... I guess popping the hood and looking for a yellow sticker was a hassle.

Last edited:
They come in handy at night if you ever plan on tinting your windows too.

Really?? Hm, mine only beep faster the closer I get to an object without regard to speed.

I hate seeing the price of LS's now. Thinking about the sticker price when I got mine in 06...

Are you certain about that? Mine react to distance and speed, as the manual says it will. I do feel that it is a little too sensitive though.

Ya I'm pretty sure they don't beep unless there is something near by. But I could be wrong, I don't haul ass driving backwards on a daily basis, ha. I'll mess around with it later.

Ya I'm pretty sure they don't beep unless there is something near by. But I could be wrong, I don't haul ass driving backwards on a daily basis, ha. I'll mess around with it later.

Your radar sensor may be failed.

The parking aid system sounds a warning to alert the driver of stationary objects near the rear bumper when the REVERSE gear is selected. The parking aid system assists the driver in detecting certain objects while the vehicle moves slowly in REVERSE as follows: at speeds less than 5 km/h (3 mph), the maximum range for detection is 3.5 meters (11.5 ft), at speeds more than 5 km/h (3 mph), the maximum range for detection is 5 meters (16.4 ft). The parking aid system may not detect angular or moving objects.

The parking aid system detects objects behind the vehicle when the vehicle is in REVERSE. The parking aid does this by calculating the distance to an object by the use of 2 ultrasonic sensors and 1 radar sensor mounted in the rear bumper. The field is emitted in a semicircular area around the rear of the vehicle. The sensors can detect objects up to 5 meters (16.4 ft) to the rear of the vehicle, 50 cm (1.6 ft) to the rear side of the vehicle, and 16 cm (6 in) above the ground. A 750 Hz variable warning tone is generated by the parking aid module speaker integrated in the parking aid module. The speaker increases its warning tone rate as the vehicle gets closer to an obstacle. When an object is detected within 45 cm (18 in) of the sensors, the warning tone becomes continuous.

Members online

Back