Beat to death worse then a bad dog...coil springs

87TTOPGT420

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I wanna keep the air ride...but over $400 a side for front just isnt gonna happen car is starting to leak down every few days....and soon after that we all know what happens...and if that happens I'm shredding tires and getting a tow home

What springs? Want lowered!

Rear shocks not a issue...have bilstiens

What shock for front...I had kyb gr2 on my old fox body...liked it...but anything is better then 20yr old shocks

Options are limited...and good parts that perform well are getting hard to find

A little firm ride is fine by me

Opinions?

That's not bad $250 just doing a quick search...

In will be able to do this for about the same price as one new air bag

I already have the mounts and rubbers so this isn't to bad...I figure if it's not gonna be on air it might as well handle more like a large sports car

Now I'm undecided tokico blues or the kyb gr2 for front shocks...I'd normally not mix and match but really no choice Bilstiens are staying in the rear

i have eibachs. my fronts are a little stiff but I like em.

thought you could still get vogtland 1" drop springs as it was just the 1.6" drops that were discontinued.

I have tokico's 1.25" lowering KIT that I'm waiting to install comes with tokico blue front and rear shocks and lowering springs..meant for the tbird/cougar..part number HPK221...look it up on eBay or Amazon..amazon is the cheapest which is where I bought it from.

20120822_120326.jpg

Eibach springs for t-bird, mine are 2" lowered, I've been debating taking an additional 1/4 coil off to drop it a tad more
20120910_160401.jpg

The Eibachs probably ride the best out of all the T-Bird springs. I have had pretty much all of them except the suspension techniques. Vogtlands would probably be next or tied with the H&Rs, and the Tokicos are some stiff riding SOBs. The only issue I had with the Eibachs is getting used to the progressive rate you have to set the car more into a hard turn rather than just pushing it harder and harder as you drive through.

-Alan

i never found 2" eibachs.. they where 1.5".... dont order them from andysauto. Thats where i ordered mine and it took bugging them and 2 weeks before they sent me an email saying that they couldnt get the eibachs because they are discontinued.

good choice on the Blues!!!

hey I just changed to springs also, I am wondering if there is a way to turn off the AIR RIDE TURNED OFF warning

Members online

No members online now.
Back