Barry?

JDS353

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
any one heard from BARRY 2952 would like to hear how things are going and what this MAN has come up with. the last was that he was going to show the TOY BOX then do something else. that was in 08 thanks. jds

He is mostly on www.thelincolnforum.net
At one time he and I had a great online friendship, but of late we don't see eye too eye politically so, he has nothing good to say regarding me.
I think his comments toward me have been downright rude.
I figure it must have something to do with a combination of age, and the loss of some business due to the economy.
I think after he had the acident with the toybox, he seemed to change.
I know he was thinking of selling the toy box, but not sure if he did.
He is not posting on that forum near as much as he used too.
When he found out just how much I hated Obama, and his administration (obviously he voted for Obama) our online friendship went out the window.
Oh well, whatever, life goes on.
Bob.

Well it was the political stuff that caused him to leave LvC ... But if he knew that his least favorite member here is no longer maybe he'd come back ...

Barry was a great guy and had one hell of a Mark II ...

That's a shame, it's about the cars, who cares about somebody's political leanings. Sheesh.

I agree but it gets nasty in the political forum ... You think some of the thread in the car forums get hot and nasty read some of the political forum stuff.

A few in there can really get things going ..

You guys sound like perfect liberals. Play the blame game.:cool:

What does posting in the political forum have anything to do with posting in Anything Goes, or Mark VIII, the LS Forum, or Parts for Sale?

Looks like you guys dropped your pacifier. Here...I'll pick it up for you, wash it and put it back in your mouth.:p

Why is Barry not posting here about his car or trailer? Maybe he is tired of talking about it.

Or maybe he decided to sell the car and the trailer.

He may not give a damn about posting on the internet anymore.

Hummm.:rolleyes:

You guys sound like perfect liberals. Play the blame game.:cool:

What does posting in the political forum have anything to do with posting in Anything Goes, or Mark VIII, the LS Forum, or Parts for Sale?

Looks like you guys dropped your pacifier. Here...I'll pick it up for you, wash it and put it back in your mouth.:p

Why is Barry not posting here about his car or trailer? Maybe he is tired of talking about it.

Or maybe he decided to sell the car and the trailer.

He may not give a damn about posting on the internet anymore.

Hummm.:rolleyes:

The trailer was for sale, but don't know if he sold it.
As for the Mark II, He said that when the time comes he would be donating it to the Ford museium.
To be honest, I don't miss his absence on either of the forums.
The last post I read from him on the other forum was as a result of a joke I posted having to do with Obama.
He called me a redneck racist and the joke was bullsh!t.
I think I will survive if he doesn't frequent these forums.
Bob.

Bryan ... come on ... Keep it in the political crap in the political forum ... not out here ... I just said that Barry left do to the political forum ... It's a shame that people let politics ruin friendships.

Out here we are only LvC members not Cons or Libs ...

I think he spends more time on the other forum because this community is Mark VIII and LS centric. This board doesn't really have much to offer a classic or antique owner except for our ability to appreciate the beautiful restoration work that he's done.

I doubt it has anything to do with politics, nor do I think it has anything to do with Bob. In fact, it's kind of narcistic to think that it did. If he had an aversion to disagreement, then why were the majority of his posts in that forum? (The other half were in the "general forum") If anything, I'd argue that was one of the features of the community that held his attention.

The Lincolnforum is for owners of classics and antiques. It makes far more sense for him to gravitate there.

You guys sound like perfect liberals. Play the blame game.:cool:...
Looks like you guys dropped your pacifier. Here...I'll pick it up for you, wash it
:rolleyes:

lol that forum is, no "intellectually SUBJECTION required" but I don't post cause half the posters dont have a clue on how to see both sides... why waste my keystrokes... got better things to do with my fingers...

really!?! lol REALLY....!!! WASH IT..are you kidding me...!!!.that is for polictical pussies a true political poster just shoves it right back in!!!

Very nice to see you brian ; ) ~~

I think he spends more time on the other forum because this community is Mark VIII and LS centric. This board doesn't really have much to offer a classic or antique owner except for our ability to appreciate the beautiful restoration work that he's done.

I doubt it has anything to do with politics, nor do I think it has anything to do with Bob. In fact, it's kind of narcistic to think that it did. If he had an aversion to disagreement, then why were the majority of his posts in that forum? (The other half were in the "general forum") If anything, I'd argue that was one of the features of the community that held his attention.

The Lincolnforum is for owners of classics and antiques. It makes far more sense for him to gravitate there.

I just remember a PM to me just saying that he was tired of one member and that he wasn't coming back. I agree to leave because of the political forum would be dumb ... just don't go in it ... also This is an LS - Mark VIII forum basically ... although his Mark II was a beautiful car .. there is not as much support for classics here, although they are nice.

I just said that Barry left do to the political forum

How do you know that? Did you talk to him?

Why besmerch the political forum if you dont' have the facts? Aren't the people that participate in the political forum also members of LvC?

I just take offense to picking on the people that choose to participate in the political forum.

As for Barry and his support for Obama, I don't know one way or the other.
But if he voted for the guy, he will be reaping what he sowed, and the rest of us that saw thru Oilbama will have to suffer along the rest of sheeple.

I don't hang out much in the political thread, I will have to drop in everynow and then to check on you!

Still out here.

Yes, I left the political forum, but it wasn't because of someone that left.

Bob, your words speak for themselves. I'll leave it at that.

The rest of the story is that my life took a turn two years ago when my wife was hospitalized for 17 days due to ovarian cancer. They gave her a 15-30% chance of surviving, but she did, in flying colors. After 8 rounds of chemo there is no sign of cancer and our life has returned to normal.

Since I last posted here I've added a few cars to the collection. Not sure if I had the '55 Porsche Continental Cabrio. I'm sure I didn't have the '41 Ford pickup nor the '33 Continental Flyer.

I lost interest in the automotive part of this forum as it's specific to an era that came after I grew up. However, there's a iridescent white Mark VIII with 6,000 miles on it parked in the garage across the street. It belongs to the woman I got my '77 Town Car from.

I never finished the limo, as I was in the middle of that when my wife got sick. I'm having trouble building momentum to get started again. Been concentrating on the house getting it ready for a 40th anniversary party in May.

Thanks to those that had nice words. The others...............

P.S. Finished the trailer and wrecked it on its maiden voyage. Shortly after meeting Bryan. Insurance company paid me $1,000 an hour to fix it. Had it towed to a show the next season with the Porsche in the back. Haven't used it since.

http://cardomain.com/ride/340096/5

Bring snacks. Not for dial-up.:(

Hi, do I know you? I like your taste in cars.

Who am I kidding? I like all cars.

Nope, I dont' think we ever spoke. But, since you were here and have returned, I thought I would welcome you back.

Barry,

Please forgive me for not posting sooner!

I would like to say AMEN!!!!! on your wifes recovery and will be praying that herheatlh continues to improve and she is back to 100%!!!! What a blessing!!!

It is nice to see a man that knows what matters...looking forward to hearing more from you! I will be praying!

God blesses ALWAYS!

Debi

Members online

No members online now.
Back