Bad Regulator

DTSon22s

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have 53K on my '01 Deville and the front passenger side window regulator just went bad. Anyone else have this problem??? Now the window is manual, but it should be fixed tomorrow. Not under warranty of course (expired @ 50k).

Same Thing

DTSon22s said:
I have 53K on my '01 Deville and the front passenger side window regulator just went bad. Anyone else have this problem??? Now the window is manual, but it should be fixed tomorrow. Not under warranty of course (expired @ 50k).

MAn, i just had to replace the one on my driverside front then a week later i had to replace the regulator on the back the guys at the dealer said they break alot ?????????????????????????54K on my 2001 DHS :nos:

First experience with my 2000

I just took delivery of a used 2000 DeVille on Saturday. Beautiful, like new with only 43k miles.

On the way home from the dealership, I noticed the back window was open a 1/4 of an inch or less, and when I went to put it up, I heard a POP and the window went down.

Now I am driving a car with black plastic over the window (it's rainy season, of course) and the dealer tells me I am SOL - $525 to repair!!! Once I drove it off the lot, it is "no longer their problem". (Funny how fast they can turn on you, isn't it?)

In hunting around the internet, I am getting the idea that this won't be the last one I have to replace.

Any idea if this is a repair I could make myself if I bought the part?

Bad Regulators

DTSon22s said:

I have had the same problem, but 3 of my windows regulators in the last 2months have busted, i have had my car about 1 year, 2000 Cadillac Deville :V

i have a 2000 deville and the front passenger and rear passenger window regulators went on them ........everywhere i look they are 180.00 or more ....i am afraid the replace them because i was told it would probably happen again.......now my ac is blowing hot on the drivers side and cold on the passenger side .....everytime i drive i feel like i have a fever...lol.....hate the new 2006 look....bad engineering design

DTSon22s said:

I also am having problems with regulator failures. I have an '03 and believe I am now having my 3rd failure. I'm getting smarter. When I heard that loud popping sound when rolling the window up - I didn't attempt to roll it down. I called into the dealership for a stock check. Good thing, they had to order it. I won't roll the window down next until they have the part in stock. The first time this happened it was raining and the second time it happened we were on a road trip. Both times it took a week to get the part. I've been told this is an issue on the Deville/DTS's. It seems GM should acknowledge and offer extended warranty. Jetta VW owners have had similar problems for years. I understand some folks are receiving compensation from VW.

I even went so far as to looking into purchasing the parts to keep in my trunk. But when I found out the price - and that each regulator is unique (so I'd have to order 4!) I gave up on that idea. This is a major issue for me as I cannot secure my car or belongings when this happens. I worry about it a lot and often don't roll down my windows because of this concern. Why in the world these regulators have little plastic holders and not something more substantial (like plastic coated metal) I don't know.... seems like an opportunity for someone to patent a better window regulator!

Yall should have bought cartier town cars... i tried telling you!

Jk..
I really dig the 2000-2005 deville, and am thinking about getting one..
is the window regulator the only thing to watch out for?

Nakoa said:
Yall should have bought cartier town cars... i tried telling you!

Jk..
I really dig the 2000-2005 deville, and am thinking about getting one..
is the window regulator the only thing to watch out for?
There are a couple of things to look out for with the deville ......but i still love the car and will hold on to it for a long time....here is some info you might find interesting about the northstar engines...http://www.babcox.com/editorial/us/us100232.htm

i had the same problem too on my 00 deville and with my luck also a regulator went out on my 00 ls too.. so i had 2 cars with jacked up windows. luckily i got the ls replaced under waranty but the deville i found the part on ebay for 165 shipped and my local mechanic put it in for 50 bucks. alot better then the 345 the dealer wanted for the regulator itself then i wouldn`t wanna imagine how much it would be after labour. so check ebay guys.

This problem seems to a regular occurance on the 2000+ Devilles. Has anyone addressed GM about this?

Members online

No members online now.
Back