Back to rough idle

Check your exhaust manifold for a stainless steel tube and follow it. Was located on the right bank on Gen 1 and hard to not see, so if you don't see that on either side, maybe there is none.

Did anyone ever find out where the EGR valve went on the 05 v6 LS?
Not installed, AFAIK.
Engines with variable exhaust valve timing control don't need EGR, since the same function can be accomplished by altering the timing a bit. However, I thought that the 3.0 only had variable intake valve timing. I know this is true for the 3.9.

Did anyone ever find out where the EGR valve went on the 05 v6 LS?
Its attached to the intake manifold right in front, if you look at the intake behind the throttle body, its attached right where the intake curves towards the back, there should be a pipe attached to it that runs beside the engine and curves downward at the firewall to attach to the exhaust

Guys, please look at this thread. It's where I learned that they had dropped the EGR valve mid gen II 3.0 production.

Found out yesterday one of my upstream o2 sensors is failing, changing both today though.. hopefully it solves everything

IMG_20220201_132435989.jpg

Hopefully you bought NTK ... and not Bosch.
Motorcraft. Changing the 2 upstream sensors seems to have fixed the rough idle
But now it's back to giving the good old p0420 code. fun times!
Bank 1 sensor2 is reading between 0.06v- 0.11v with intermittent spikes going up to 0.65 (maybe this sensor is failing?) and bank 2 sensor2 is reading 0.04v - 0.07v with no spikes.
Bank 1 and Bank 2 Catalyst temps are the same currently at 866°F..

Last edited:
Hooley Moses! That's a lot of codes! You sure your battery is happy?
Most of those are related. I would guess just one root cause for the engine codes. He can probably ignore the two AC codes.

Members online

Back