Back in the day we got our engines 'Steam cleaned'

No. Cleaning it is what you need to do to find the leaks. After it's cleaned, drive around a little and check for fresh oil. Keep doing this till you see it. Generally, the highest and most forward place that you see it will be where the leak is.

Very good, thank you. Hate it when I second guess myself and find I was right the first time.

yaa and a martian that parked in a garage and a dumb ass crew that got stranded on an island.
No wonder the Russians;) used to think we were pushovers:D
Yeah and the one about the island led to a question that girls and women used to ask boys and men to judge their 'character'. Question was "Ginger or Mary Ann". What a choice.

Then there was that cool dude with grease in his hair that would hit the jukebox to get free songs.

Yeah and the one about the island led to a question that girls and women used to ask boys and men to judge their 'character'. Question was "Ginger or Mary Ann". What a choice.

Mary Ann!!!!!

Mary Ann!!!!!
Yeah, the girls always thought that was the right answer. She's still around and lookin good too. Still doin the Hollywood lifestyle like Willie Nelson though. Read she was pulled over or picked up or sumpin drivin up in Ideehoe or Montana and she was smokin some of that almost now legal to smoke everywhere weed. Wonder if that's why that boat got lost in the first place?

I had the engine/engine bay cleaned at a local car wash. My experience with cleaner and a hose cost me 3 coils/plugs and a catalytic converter...
Yup, I learned the hard way on a Taurus about water and engines - even when trying to be careful. The cleaner works well but I may try the cleaner and steam unit next time since it's easy to direct the steam nozzle more accurately than water and the steam doesn't splash/run everywhere.

I wouldn't use water myself anymore but would pay to let a dealership do it so they're on the hook if they fry anything.

Yup, I learned the hard way on a Taurus about water and engines - even when trying to be careful. The cleaner works well but I may try the cleaner and steam unit next time since it's easy to direct the steam nozzle more accurately than water and the steam doesn't splash/run everywhere.

I wouldn't use water myself anymore but would pay to let a dealership do it so they're on the hook if they fry anything.
Where would u find a steam unit?

Where would u find a steam unit?

Have had this one (MC1275) for a few years (bought at Home Depot). I have not used it on the car as yet but may try when the weather warms up. The wife loves it - cleans bathroom, sinks, tile floors, etc without cleaning chemicals. It has a nozzle for directing the steam accurately.

Products

Also have this handheld unit but I think the large one above would be more suited for an engine bay due to the added power:

Steam Shot™ Handheld Steam Cleaner | BISSELL®

Have had this one (MC1275) for a few years (bought at Home Depot). I have not used it on the car as yet but may try when the weather warms up. The wife loves it - cleans bathroom, sinks, tile floors, etc without cleaning chemicals. It has a nozzle for directing the steam accurately.

Products

Also have this handheld unit but I think the large one above would be more suited for an engine bay due to the added power:

Steam Shot™ Handheld Steam Cleaner | BISSELL®

Cool and steamy recommendations!

Guess you missed my earlier recommendation.

Members online

No members online now.
Back