B1875 on Gen 2 LS V8

DaleGrib

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have the B1875 code on my car along with u1262 and my turn signal is working just fine and all the functions on it always seem to work. However, by reading here it is likely going bad. I know this seems to be a part that breaks overtime so does anyone have any idea where to find a NOS one? Also, I have the one that has Automatic wipers and 4 auto settings, is it ok to use one of the ones that have just the one Auto setting for a replacement? I obviously will likely have to go used on this part as likely it's gonna be hard to find anything new but does anyone also know of any places that can repair the old switches? Also, is that code causing that u1262 code or is there likely something else lurking around in the shadows that have not yet thrown a code? Also if I clear these codes both of them come right back up right away, so clearing did not help it.

Edit:
My car calls for part number 3W4Z-13K359-AA

Last edited:
Try replacing all of your turn signal bulbs first. One of the bulbs may have a broken filament that is making intermitent contact.

Typically the message center will tell you when a bulb has gone bad... but maybe not if not fully blown/broken.

Finding the actual switch may be a problem since it's NLA. You may have to go aftermarket in this case.

Try replacing all of your turn signal bulbs first. One of the bulbs may have a broken filament that is making intermittent contact.

Typically the message center will tell you when a bulb has gone bad... but maybe not if not fully blown/broken.

Finding the actual switch may be a problem since it's NLA. You may have to go aftermarket in this case.
I replaced all my rear bulbs about a week ago but since you say that I will take them both back out and double-check everything and then buy new bulbs for the front to be sure. I was actually thinking of upgrading all the turn signal bulbs and such to the LED ones made by boslla anyway so it might be a good time to go ahead and pull the hammer on that.
Do you know of anyone who makes anything aftermarket for the switch itself? I obviously will check all the bulbs out since what you said just to make sure nothing funky is going on but was just trying to have a plan in case this does not fix the code.

Usually... when one bulb goes... I replace all of them.

You'll just have to google to find an aftermarket turn signal switch assembly. Rock Auto doesn't show anything.

Your LPS might have something... possibly made by Intermotor or Standard.

The B1875 code is specific to the multi-function switch itself, it has nothing to do with the bulbs.
The switch switches in different resistors to indicate turn signal direction. The code means that an invalid resistance value is sometimes being read. This is likely due to the switch contacts getting dirty or wearing out.
I've never had this on my 06, but the 04 did. The 04 got bad enough that every great once-in-a-while, the signals didn't work correctly. It was rare enough that I never got around to replacing the switch.

The first one in this link SHOULD work... but not sure.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/shop/b/...nal-switch-11951/7a04c0af0c1b/2003/lincoln/ls
This might be one time where buying local, and paying a bit more $$$ might be worth it... just in case you need to return it if it's the wrong one.
Yeah, I already talked to them on what their site shows and they can no longer get it they said. I have been searching since yesterday and only have found scammer sites that list it for sale saying it's in stock. And since my airbag is not in great shape I have considered finding a good deal on an entire used column including the steering wheel. I have brown interior but at this point I can't be too picky and I will take whatever color I can find long as it's in good enough condition! At this point might even take one from a Thunderbird if that is what it takes in the end! But I kinda wonder also if a Gen 1 Steering setup would work on the Gen 2. As I can say all my Gen 1's that I owned never at least had the airbag in such bad shape as the Gen 2's that I have owned. And heck I even wonder if an airbag will work from a Gen 1 on the Gen 2 Steering Wheel.

Last edited:
Supposedly that switch was only for 11/2002 to 11/2003 build dates.

I wonder if you would do better talking to / visiting a Jaguar dealership and sourcing one for the appropriate year S-Type???

I wonder if you would do better talking to / visiting a Jaguar dealership and sourcing one for the appropriate year S-Type???

The S-type (like many cars, it seems) has the headlights switches on the turn signal lever, and a separate lever on the other side of the wheel for the wipers.

I had checked a few years of the s-types and they are quite a bit different but I guess it's possible they used a similar one on some of the jaguars.

jag-turn.jpg

gen II S-type turn signal lever

Today was the first time that the code has stayed away. However, I am seeing the u1262 code all by itself. Is this something that I should worry about?

It's not an uncommon code. Did you note which module or modules it is coming from?

BTW, I have a good turn signal stalk. You just have to buy the car it's attached to...

It's not an uncommon code. Did you note which module or modules it is coming from?

BTW, I have a good turn signal stalk. You just have to buy the car it's attached to...

Message Center and Instrument Cluster.
Hehe, I wish I could afford another one to have around if nothing else for spare parts but right now money is a little tighter than I would like.

Would it cause any issues if I used one of the switches that do not have auto wipers? Obviously, I would prefer to keep that feature! However, it's not looking so good on finding a new one. I called another local store and they are trying to order the correct one but they said it's a long shot. Being this part seems to have issues on many cars I would prefer a new one without auto than buying a used one with auto wipers.

I have to believe that the wiring is different and will not work properly.

Plus... if you look at some of the other switches... they are shsped differently and most likely won't even fit.

Yesterday I started getting 2 more codes along with the B1875. I am also now seeing B1265 (I think read on here that is a false code) and B1262. Could they be on the same circuit? Just seems odd that all the stuff works and these codes are here. Heck, I can't even hear the actuators at all, and everything works! I would say maybe a BCM but I don't think the LS has one and I assume the PCM does what a BCM would do in the newer cars.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back