Aux water pump problem

#Jeff504lsv8

LVC Member
Reaction score
I pulled vacuum on the coolant system when it was cold an hot. Vacuumed all the coolant lines shut I'm guess I don't have a leak anet it sit for 10 minutes. I've out new t.stat Degas bottle new radiator an new fan still it runs at 205 with heater on soon as I cut the heat from 90 to 60 degrees it instantly climbs to 220 an fan is screaming I don't know if the aux pump fails will it make the engine over heat would any of y'all know. Thanks

...soon as I cut the heat from 90 to 60 degrees it instantly climbs to 220 an fan is screaming I don't know if the aux pump fails will it make the engine over heat ...

No, not like that anyway.
If you have good heat at idle, your aux pump is working. (Of course, this says nothing about whether or not it is leaking.)
It could be the water pump, or (maybe more likely) any/all of the remaining plastic parts that you did not replace. Holding vacuum or pressure, hot or cold, while sitting still does not prove anything. I know this by experience with this car.

I have good heat at idle but I'm gonna change all the plastic shit if it still doesn't fix it a match an gas will fix it thanks

$1000+ every 6-7 years for cooling system parts is a necessary evil for the LS.

And I'm talking OEM factory parts... because the cheap aftermarket stuff doesn't hold up.

Members online

Back