Autolamp Relay

jj_john_johnny

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I think I blew up the relay/module for the autolamps in my '93. I had the door panel off while it was snowing outside and water must have gotten into the door lock switch because when I tried it I heard a small pop and the interior lights turned off. After replacing the necessary fuses my autolamp is the only thing that doesn't work

Anyways, I need to know where the relay is located and what it looks like

Looks like fuse number 6.

Check out this thread. And print out the diagram, it really helped me out one time.

EDIT: oops, ya already did the fuses.

Try this one (it's a PDF document, if this link even works. Pretty ungodly url).

Yeah I already tried replacing the fuses and all the relays in the circuit breaker under the hood.

I searched the T-Bird forums and their autolamp relay is located just under the instrument cluster. But I searched a Mark at the junkyard and didn't find it

T-bird relay:

autolamp2.jpg

Looks like you're running halogens in those housings. Is auto lamp a law in Canada or something? Most of us keep ours turned off, especially if you have halogen bulbs in there burning up the chrome during the daylight.

The headlights are already junk, so I'm not worried about those. I just like having all of the lights come on automatically when it gets dark

This thread might have helped me out some. I haven't had interior lights in YEARS. So I might check for that relay and see if I can find it too. If I do, I'll let you know.

Hows the fender holding up that I sent you?

Its holding up great, with not a scratch or dent on it. I still wouldn't have been able to find one as nice around here

This thread might have helped me out some. I haven't had interior lights in YEARS. So I might check for that relay and see if I can find it too. If I do, I'll let you know.

Thanks. I'll probably do some poking around myself, but be sure to let me know

I actually remember hearing a relay click on from under the dash when the autolights would come on. If someone could flick their autos on and off while its dark to try and pinpoint where that click is coming from, it would be very helpful

95 Mark VIII Autolamp switch dimming module part #

Yeah I already tried replacing the fuses and all the relays in the circuit breaker under the hood.

I searched the T-Bird forums and their autolamp relay is located just under the instrument cluster. But I searched a Mark at the junkyard and didn't find it

T-bird relay:

autolamp2.jpg

Does anyone have a Ford part# for the module?

Can anyone please help me out with the Ford part # for the 95 Mark VIII Autolamp Dimming Module?

Members online

No members online now.
Back