Auto window roll down from key pad how to get them to go up?

DENNISJR60

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I know I'm on a roll today!

I know if you hold down the unlock button on the keypad the front windows & moon roof will open & if you do it again the back windows will roll down, but how do I get them all to close? Is this even possible or do I have to do it when I get in the car? It would be real nice to be able to shut my car off get out hold the lock button & have everything close yet nothing happens when I do that?

As always THANKS for any help!

Put key in lock on door and turn toward right (to lock door)....hold for a few seconds

So it will do it by the key, but not the keypad? You would think if you can open everything from the keypad you could close everything from it.

Firstly, I think you are meaning to say key FOB everytime you say 'keypad'.

The keypad is on the car door.

The fob (your keychain) will only open the windows/roof - you need to manually turn the key in the door to your right and hold in order to roll them up to specific point or all the way up.

I think it is some type of safety issue with your car closing up without you having it in your vision to verify no things, or persons are caught in the way.

Do the windows not automatically reverse if they hit resistance? I see your point but I still wish you could have them both open/close from the remote.

Firstly, I think you are meaning to say key FOB everytime you say 'keypad'.

The keypad is on the car door.

The fob (your keychain) will only open the windows/roof - you need to manually turn the key in the door to your right and hold in order to roll them up to specific point or all the way up.

I think it is some type of safety issue with your car closing up without you having it in your vision to verify no things, or persons are caught in the way.

Yes Key FOB sorry about that. I tried Closing everything with the key & it did work. I still wish the FOB would do it though...

DAMN! Ive had my LS for six years & never knew it did that

If only there were some sort of small book that could explain that and the other features that you don't know that your car has... If ever there were such a book, I'd probably call it an owner's manual. If I were Lincoln, I would even put free downloads of this "owner's manual" on my website. I might require owner's to register to get to it, but that would be as hard as I would make it. Some day...

If only there were some sort of small book that could explain that and the other features that you don't know that your car has... If ever there were such a book, I'd probably call it an owner's manual. If I were Lincoln, I would even put free downloads of this "owner's manual" on my website. I might require owner's to register to get to it, but that would be as hard as I would make it. Some day...

LMAO :lol:

You should make that book joegr! It it were in existence, and in the glove box, imagine all the questions it could answer just by reading it! wait, wat?

That would be great....I might even read it if there was such a thing....Or not. ;)

That is awesome I had no I idea my car could do that... same with the auto windows stopping if they get resistance. My mother's 06 Altima as auto front windows and hers do not stop if something gets in the way.

Are there any other little features like this that I would not know about because its not listed in the book?

Is this what you would call internet sarcasm? :D .First time I see joegr use it.lol. This book almost sounds too good to be true, somewhat magical. :rolleyes:

I didn't know the windows closed with the key either, but because I have never tried looking. But I have read most of the manual.

Actually the manual is posted on ford's website

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WO4DEW/~MUS~LEN/41/04dewog3e.pdf

https://www.flmowner.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/OwnerGuidePage

^^ for an 04 you just need to change the year

...Are there any other little features like this that I would not know about because its not listed in the book?

Those features are listed in the book.
Some other features that are listed in the book that were recently asked about would be...
How to disable the seatbelt chime.
What it means when you get five sets of five beeps.
Not to put power steering fluid in the power steering reservoir.

Are there any other little features like this that I would not know about because its not listed in the book?

if you set the wipers to the auto setting, they will work all by themselves,

if you hit both the heated seat button and the cooled seat buttons at the same time (03+) the seats will go into auto mode

if you hit the radio preset buttons 3 and 6 at the same time the stereo will test all of the speakers for you

Try this out:

push in the trip/reset buttons while the car is off. Just to the first spot where you feel resistance, not fully pressed.

Then turn the key to the ACC position, and release the buttons.

I have no idea what that stuff on the display means.

Try this out:

push in the trip/reset buttons while the car is off. Just to the first spot where you feel resistance, not fully pressed.

Then turn the key to the ACC position, and release the buttons.

I have no idea what that stuff on the display means.

Yeah, that one's not in the "book." You have to turn the key to the run position. The list below is for another Ford product. The LS cluster does some of the things indicated, but not all.

Seq...Display.....Description
=======================================
1.....GAGE........Full deflection sweep
2.....all.........Odometer segment check
3.....bulb........Warning light check
4.....r...........ROM level
5.....NR..........ROM level and type
6.....EE..........EE level
7.....DT..........Manufacture date
8.....CF1.........1st byte configuration setting
9.....CF2.........2nd byte configuration setting
10....CF3.........Not used
11....CF4.........Not used
12....CF5.........NVM configuration
13....DTC ####....Cluster diagnostic trouble codes
14....E ####......Speed MPH
15....####........Speed KPH
16....t ####......Tach RPM
17....F ###.......Fuel level ratio
18....FP ###......Fuel level
19....### C.......Coolant temperature degrees Celsius
20....odo ###.....Odometer input
21....tr..........Trip odometer miles
22....Ebd.........ABS EBD status
23....ABS.........ABS TT status
24....bAt ##.#....Charging system voltage
25....HSd.........High voltage shutdown status
26....tnS.........TNS switch input
27....d ###.......Dimming switch input
28....rhS ##......Dimming value
29....iin.........Ignition key-in status
30....HLP.........Headlight switch status
31....door........Door ajar switch status
32....Stbt........Seat belt status
33....FF0G........Front foglight status
34....rF0G........Rear foglight status
35....F0GF........Foglight relay status
36....Prnd........Gear selector display value
37....PaR.........Park interlock solenoid status
38....Cr..........Run/Start sense circuit check
39....AC..........Run/Acc sense circuit check
40....ArbC........Airbag chime status
41....Ch..........Last/current chime source
42....CHE ##......MIL input
43....LCL -X......Low coolant level switch
44....CS XX.......Charging system status
45....thFt........Theft indicator light
46....od..........Overdrive-off status
47....CC..........Not used
48....PA-PD.......Port A-D readings
49....PE0-PE7.....Port E0-E7 readings
50....PF-PH.......Port F-H readings

if you hit both the heated seat button and the cooled seat buttons at the same time (03+) the seats will go into auto mode

if you hit the radio preset buttons 3 and 6 at the same time the stereo will test all of the speakers for you

Knew about the first 2 didnt know about the 3rd one :Beer

If you depress the lock and unlock buttons on the remote for 4 seconds you enable/disable global unlock.

Isn't that little book full of exciting and interesting things?!?!?!?

Members online

No members online now.
Back