Audioque

pektel

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Had a HELL of a Black Friday special. 25% off everything, and free shipping to boot! Decided that the gf's BLazer could use a little bass, so I ordered a couple SDC2.0 8" subs. :D

Got a call today, they sold out of the 8's in record time, and it will be at least a month :(

They want to "upgrade" me to the 2.0 10" subs at no charge. I asked for a single SDC2.5 10" instead, but they are sold out of those too.

Should I take the 10's? I figure if anything, I'll make cabinets and use them in a home theater setup.

Oh, and the total purchase price was only $88.50. :eek:

I run all audioque and the sdc 2.5 is a beast for the price.

I did not like the 2.0 sub personally. The amps are solid as hell.

Right. The 2.0 was the only 8" option, and they are perfect for just a little bass to fill the bottom end. If I wanted 10's, I would've just bought the 2.5 and been done with it.

I think I may just wait for the 2.5 10". I didn't ask how long that would be, but they should have no problem changing my order. Then I think I'll have to pay an extra $7 or something.

Put a single 2.5 on 500rms and youll be amazed at how good it sounds.

Oh yeah pektel getting a mini detail today from the place i linked you.

wash, clay, high speed polish and wax. Not a full correction but we will see how many swirls come out.

Let me know how the detail works out!

1LoudLS- That's what I'm going to do. It's just that whenever the gf rides in my car, she can't really stand the bass when I turn it up. Though she does like the fuller sound when it's turned down. Suppose we'll see what she says after i install the 2.5 10".

I was really interested to see what 8's sounded like in person though. :(

To answer your question, yes go with the tens. More surface area, they will provide deeper frequencies, and yet still light enough for a quick snap that you'd expect from a bass pedal or drum beat.
10's or 12's is the way to go for Subsonic frequencies.

I personally have never found a use for 8'' inch subwoofers when im equipped with 6.5'' inch or bigger mid range. 6.5's really do a whole lot for 'fuller sound' as they can play low frequencies. Ideally, going with a 6.5'' midrange, with a 1' inch silk dome tweeter, and a 10 or 12 for subwoofer, the music will sound complete.

Members online

No members online now.
Back