audio guys

SilverLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey I have a simply question I am what you would say mech. inclined but I have a brain fart sometimes Im looking to find out If there is a way I can hook up my PDA to play into my speakers at the same time my radio cd or tv is playing ( cant I just wire it to the speakers and It will play at the same time as long as the speakers have power Right???) thanks again

I have it hooked up right now as an input on the RCA AV1 but I want the radio on at the same time..... I dont want to here the GPS PDA ONLY

right - my PDA (Dell Axim) or my laptop (bolted to the back of the rear seat) play through a mini-stereo jack - that crosses into RCA plugs. Those RCAs hook up to the PIE adapter that allows RCA inputs to the head unit.

I have to select 'DJ' on the input of the head unit - which mean only the PDA / PC play.

You can't simply 'add' another input on top of an existing one without messing up the input levels / load resistance - and quality of the sound.

Quik LS said:
right - my PDA (Dell Axim) or my laptop (bolted to the back of the rear seat) play through a mini-stereo jack - that crosses into RCA plugs. Those RCAs hook up to the PIE adapter that allows RCA inputs to the head unit.

I have to select 'DJ' on the input of the head unit - which mean only the PDA / PC play.

You can't simply 'add' another input on top of an existing one without messing up the input levels / load resistance - and quality of the sound.

I've been meaning to ask about those PIE adapters. I have the THX/NAV system. When I hook up one of those adapters does it add an input button to the screen?? Or do the inputs just start working when a signal is present? thanks

Quik LS said:

Ok So thats what I though But just wanted to check also How did you mount your AXIM I have AXIM X50 ... Do you liek yours.... I love mine GPS NAVI Is a Life saver
Got any pics

I mounted my Hpaq 6315 in my last car. went to proclipusa.com they have some very slick mounting options

beaups said:
I've been meaning to ask about those PIE adapters. I have the THX/NAV system. When I hook up one of those adapters does it add an input button to the screen?? Or do the inputs just start working when a signal is present? thanks

Good question - I don't know.

On my non-nav head unit - a new option shows up when you cycle through the input options with the 'media' button - a new option called 'DJ' shows up which is the RCA inputs.

Quik LS said:
Good question - I don't know.

On my non-nav head unit - a new option shows up when you cycle through the input options with the 'media' button - a new option called 'DJ' shows up which is the RCA inputs.
thanks

Here something cool you can do with your NAV unit -> http://www.logjamelectronics.com/pacvcifrd1.html

The VCI-FRD1 is a video interface that will convert Lincoln factory navigation radio displays into a video monitor, perfect for a video back-up camera or as a video game monitor. The VCI-FRD1 works with the 2003-2005 Aviator, LS, and Town Car, and the 2003-2004 Navigator that have the separate DVD navigation unit with the 24-pin connector harness. Accepts a composite video input signal from any video source. The kit comes with easy plug-n-play connectors with good installation instructions.

Quik LS said:
Here something cool you can do with your NAV unit -> http://www.logjamelectronics.com/pacvcifrd1.html

The VCI-FRD1 is a video interface that will convert Lincoln factory navigation radio displays into a video monitor, perfect for a video back-up camera or as a video game monitor. The VCI-FRD1 works with the 2003-2005 Aviator, LS, and Town Car, and the 2003-2004 Navigator that have the separate DVD navigation unit with the 24-pin connector harness. Accepts a composite video input signal from any video source. The kit comes with easy plug-n-play connectors with good installation instructions.

oh my god.

Members online

No members online now.
Back