Audio Experts

StrykerV8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hopefully this is a simple question. Last year I installed a new head unit but the existing car antenna that plugs into the head unit wasn't long enough because the plug for it was on the other side. So, I got an antenna extension but the radio never got reception. When I put my hand over the radio, the signal would come in much better. Is there a specific antenna extension that I need or does one size fit all? Because it plugs in to both the existing antenna and head unit no problem. I tried buying an antenna adapter on eBay made specifically for this car, but both ends are male ends which wont work because the cars antenna is a male end. Any input? Thanks.

No, one size does not fit all, but yours should be a easy fix go to your local stereo shop and tell them your problem. They will get you lined out on which female to male end you need.

Not long enough? Where are you mounting your radio????? I've never had an issue with the antenna plug not being long enough. I'd do some looking around and see if you can free up some slack in the wire. If not, like he said, go check your local radio shop. My guess is that the extension you have has a bad ground.

I agree, you should have plenty of antenna wire. Something is holding it back. Trace it down and see if you can get the slack out and stay away from the extension if possible.

Members online

No members online now.
Back