Attn. Illinois/Wisconsin residents...4/29/06 LVC meet @ Union Grove, Wi...

R

rocket5979

I talked to a few other members in here about having a meet at Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove, Wisconsin this coming Saturday. I just wanted to officially shout out to anyone else who would be interested in coming too.

Last time it was not too crowded at all, so we should be able to get some pretty good runs in. It would be a really fun time for anyone to just hang out with other LVC'ers and, if you choose, run down the 1320' to see what your car gots!
burnout.gif

There are a few scheduled events going on that day so I will have to give the track managers another call to see what time they will be opening the gates for normal Test & Tune racers/spectators. Once I get definitive word back from them as to when the Test & Tune racing begins I will post back here with the details. Hopefully it starts at 10 AM like normal. :D

Here is the map to where it is located.

Great Lakes Dragaway is located 10 miles north of the Illinois/Wisconsin state line, 5 miles west of Interstate 94, Exit 337, Highway KR (Kenosha/Racine County Line) 1 mile east of US highway 45. The large red star marks the spot!
The track is located near the interstate, and there is an abundance of hotels and motels in the immediate area. Camping is also allowed on our grounds. (grass)

If anyone has any questions just post here or PM me. Hope to see you there!

Rob

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:
You know I'm there, not till 5 or so unless something changes.

Cool man. I think this time will be better now that we BOTH will have the LS's out. Plus the LS is easier to drive!!! :D

94m5 said:
Wish i could..........But I'll be in the shop getting the 95' ready for Carlisle.
Mike

Wish ya could make it, but I understand. Hopefully next time.

rocket5979 said:
Cool man. I think this time will be better now that we BOTH will have the LS's out. Plus the LS is easier to drive!!! :D
I was going to race the 155hp Town Car.

JK

This starts at 10AM in the morning? If so, I may be able to make that. How long is everyone staying?

I would like to be there but with money tight every month with me, i am gearing up for the meet in Boscobel, WI, in July, at mespocks place. Everyone is welcome to attend that meet.

mespock said:
We tried to do it last year but it fell appart!

Meet Thread

other thread

Looked like it was going to be a good meet then it went bust.

Good luck!

I have track meets so I can't make it.

Yeah, sometimes things just tend to do that with so many people having different plans and work schedules. This stemmed from a few of us meeting at the track last week and then later talking about doing another track day this coming weekend. If no one else can make it then it will be business as usual. It would sure be cool to get some other members out here if they could come though! :cool:

Why was this thread moved? It was supposed to remain in the MarkVIII side due to there being a few members that might be interested over there. I would have kept just the one thread for neatness, but I never frequent the midwest section on a normal basis, so I figure that others possibly don't either. :D

Sounds interesting. I will be in the Milwaukee area from Wednesday through Monday. I plan on moving up there and this trip is for me to look for a place to live and a place for employment. If you guys know of any place to get me started in Milwaukee any help would be appreciated.

I might be able to make it down to Union Grove but I have to see what my friends have planned on Saturday first. I'm assuming it will only take about an hour to get there from Brookfield?

Not even a hour, use the bypass as downtown Milwaukee is screwd up with construction.

Even if this doesn't work out for some people this date, this is going to be a frequent thing for me this year. I plan to run my LSE a bit, its easy and fun to race. I can run my MarkVIII, I have a few things I going to do first. I even plan to run my Cobra II before the seasons over, it needs some tuning and help keeping the rearend in the car before I can run it. I know Rob didn't build the KBX for gettting groceries and sounds like his 05 LS may be the quickest N/A one out there, can't wait to see it run.

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:
Even if this doesn't work out for some people this date, this is going to be a frequent thing for me this year.

I hear ya there! ;) I have been wasting away in the middle eastern deserts for 2 years waiting to get back so I can race again. :D

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:
and sounds like his 05 LS may be the quickest N/A one out there, can't wait to see it run.

Hmmm, now you got me curious. :eek:

Fastest 3rd gen Explorer in the country (soon to be world) and fastest N/A stock engine LS too. Muawuawuawuawawa!!! :D :cool: I think I will need to hit 13's while still N/A to feel like I have any claim to that LS title.

rocket5979 said:
Yeah, sometimes things just tend to do that with so many people having different plans and work schedules. This stemmed from a few of us meeting at the track last week and then later talking about doing another track day this coming weekend. If no one else can make it then it will be business as usual. It would sure be cool to get some other members out here if they could come though! :cool:

Rocket,

I hope you can make it to the July Cruise, Beach Party, and LvC meet this summer.

No legal racing but a lot of fun. You are more than welcome. Read the July Meet threads...

Have fun at the track!!

Rich

I talked to the track manager tonight and got a better idea of when we would be able to race. There are two options available to us right now.

Option #1 Saturday @ 3PM-6PM with a 30% chance of rain. Track fee of $35

Option # 2 Friday @ 5:30 PM-10PM cloudy skies, no rain. Track fee of $28

I would be able to go either time but just putting the option out there for the people that actually want to go to this event. Once I get enough people voting for one option then we can go ahead and stick with that one.

I personally am leaning towards the Friday evening thing because it is cheaper, more race time, and almost zero chance of rain according to forecast.

Well people let me know so we can plan this!!! :cool:

Ok it looks like we will have to go with option # 2

Option # 2 Friday @ 5:30 PM-10PM cloudy skies, no rain. Track fee of $28

The weather just doesn't look like it will hold up, so everyone that I PM'ed and anyone else that wants to come on up just post in here and let us know.

There will be a fella from my other Mustang site that will be bringing his 1000+rear wheel horsepower twin turbo Mustang to the track and running 9's with it. It would be a good time to see a fast car go......well.......FAST! And then drool, be jealous, and generally wish our cars could be that fast. :D

I'm there as you know. 1000hp Mustang huh, I bet his mommy's proud of him, JK. Yeh I'll be jealous and probably drooling, but then again I have a drooling problem, it has nothing to do with the HP. If I start babbling on about all my junk, just slap me, my wife does regularly.

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:
1000HP, I may need more than a towel, I may need a little privacy.

We will have to swap cars before the Mustang races then. I don't want anything getting on my steering wheel! ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back