Attention ALL Gen 1 owners....

1wykdmk8

LvC Dues Collector
Reaction score
Ok, not to be out done by Eric and the Gen 2 owners, all we now need is 8 more ppl to get the indiglo gauges off the ground from SpeedHut.

I have been trying for over a year to get these things off of the ground, and we only now need 8 ppl to sign up for them. It will ONLY cost you $1 to say that you are interested in them. Once they are done, they will contact you so that you can pay the difference. I know they are a bit pricey in comparison to some white face gauges, but these are true indiglo, or reverse indiglo, so the price is according to the amount of work, and the fact that NO ONE else makes these for Mark VIII's. We will be the only ones that have them.

So, what I am trying to do, is to get the project back off of the ground and the ball rolling once again for these things. If you are interested, and have not yet went to SpeedHut and put in your pre-order please do so, so that maybe.......just maybe we can have them by the time Carlisle comes rolling around. It will take SpeedHut 6-8 weeks to have them ready, so lets get it rollin.....

Here are what they will look like.....obviously not exact, but you get the idea.....
:Beer

indiglo.jpg

reverseindiglo.jpg

reverseindiglo2.jpg

1wykdmk8 said:
Ok, not to be out done by Eric and the Gen 2 owners, all we now need is 8 more ppl to get the indiglo gauges off the ground from SpeedHut.

I have been trying for over a year to get these things off of the ground, and we only now need 8 ppl to sign up for them. It will ONLY cost you $1 to say that you are interested in them. Once they are done, they will contact you so that you can pay the difference. I know they are a bit pricey in comparison to some white face gauges, but these are true indiglo, or reverse indiglo, so the price is according to the amount of work, and the fact that NO ONE else makes these for Mark VIII's. We will be the only ones that have them.

So, what I am trying to do, is to get the project back off of the ground and the ball rolling once again for these things. If you are interested, and have not yet went to SpeedHut and put in your pre-order please do so, so that maybe.......just maybe we can have them by the time Carlisle comes rolling around. It will take SpeedHut 6-8 weeks to have them ready, so lets get it rollin.....

Here are what they will look like.....obviously not exact, but you get the idea.....

I've come to a conclusion Ray, its not worth time or effort trying to get something started, everybody likes to talk about an item, ie: I wanna get one, but when it comes down to actually doing something about it, all of a sudden its like pissing into the wind, nothing gets done & your pants are wet. Its :bsflag:

Cubster said:
I've come to a conclusion Ray, its not worth time or effort trying to get something started, ...

I disagree, Cubster. It takes time, patience, sacrifice and perserverence.

Total base cost is just over $100 including shipping. I think they said with shipping and with NO custom touches they are lik $106 out the door. Any custom touches will add more to the price. :Beer

1wykdmk8 said:
Total base cost is just over $100 including shipping. I think they said with shipping and with NO custom touches they are lik $106 out the door. Any custom touches will add more to the price. :Beer
man, i got a guy near my house that said hed take the cluster out and customize it, depending on what i want...for $25-100 installed, so im sorry to say...id have to go with that. then again...theory and reality are 2 diff things, eh?

MrWilson said:
man, i got a guy near my house that said hed take the cluster out and customize it, depending on what i want...for $25-100 installed, so im sorry to say...id have to go with that. then again...theory and reality are 2 diff things, eh?

You are talkin basic vinyl or some paint.....this is indiglo like what is in some of the newer luxury cars. How can you compare the two? That is like comparing apples to oranges........

Also, it only takes like 15 mintues to remove and install the cluster. So you are paying WAY too much anyways.

1wykdmk8 said:
You are talkin basic vinyl or some paint.....this is indiglo like what is in some of the newer luxury cars. How can you compare the two? That is like comparing apples to oranges........

Also, it only takes like 15 mintues to remove and install the cluster. So you are paying WAY too much anyways.
no, im talking indiglo...jsut like that, depending on what i want...the 25 was for the cheep stuff, and the higher end was for the true indiglo

Still only 17 orders, no one has ordered the guages since last night.........oh that was me!!!!!

MrWilson said:
no, im talking indiglo...jsut like that, depending on what i want...the 25 was for the cheep stuff, and the higher end was for the true indiglo

Impossible....the CHEAPEST indiglo sheets are like $40, and then you have to have someone lay vinyl over that stuff......so I think that that price is a bit off. I have been to EVERY company out there that makes indiglo sheets and that price is impossible to say the least. I had a guy quote me a price in that ballpark for just vinyl/paint not indiglo. So, I doubt highly that it is indiglo like the pix that I posted. If it is.....kool, but I doubt it.

Do you think that I would be trying to get this company to do them for $100, if I could get indiglo, or better yet (for me) reverse indiglo gauges for $25??

I'm in, just deciding on what I want it to look like.

I remember Geno had problems with the first set of his gauges... they peeled or something. You should ask him about it to prevent problems for yours.

seanklsc said:
I'm in, just deciding on what I want it to look like.

I remember Geno had problems with the first set of his gauges... they peeled or something. You should ask him about it to prevent problems for yours.

This company has been making gauges for years, I do not think they will have the same problems. But, I can see your point. After spending any kind of money you really hate to have stuff not work properly. Thanx mang. :Beer

1wykdmk8 said:
Impossible....the CHEAPEST indiglo sheets are like $40, and then you have to have someone lay vinyl over that stuff......so I think that that price is a bit off. I have been to EVERY company out there that makes indiglo sheets and that price is impossible to say the least. I had a guy quote me a price in that ballpark for just vinyl/paint not indiglo. So, I doubt highly that it is indiglo like the pix that I posted. If it is.....kool, but I doubt it.

Do you think that I would be trying to get this company to do them for $100, if I could get indiglo, or better yet (for me) reverse indiglo gauges for $25??

hmm, i dont understand it all...but i know that the $100 one is the real thing, and the $25 is the fake stuff...

MrWilson said:
hmm, i dont understand it all...but i know that the $100 one is the real thing, and the $25 is the fake stuff...

So, what the problem is? The ones I am trying to get made are made by a professional company. That way if there is any problem with them (except an installation based issue) they are most likely covered by a warranty.....AND they are the same price you are talking about some local guy that will make them for you.

So, you see the difference, one is made by some guy, and the other is made by a professional company with some sort of warranty.......AND they are the same price.

congrats Ray...I know how hard you worked on this. I just hope the guages live up to your expectations.
:dj:

If they look as good as the ones I posted I should be extremely happy.....and YES I have worked pretty hard at this. I even purchased another gauge cluster JUST so I could send it to them. Thank god I get mine for free.....since I am the one that sent the gauge cluster in...... :Beer

Members online

No members online now.
Back